South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fabiobertola

Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) Empty
PostSubject: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Some of you already knows me. Anyway, I'm fabiobertola from Old Subbuteo Italy. I restarted playing Subbuteo in January 2007 because of my kid that found my teams in a box. And the magic started all over again, better than in my youth, when I played occasionally with my friends but mostly by myself: I found a well established Old Subbuteo Club close to home (the oldest Old Subbuteo Club ever!), fantastic mates to play with, the first tournaments, until coming to Subbuteo home, attending and playing in Maidenhead last March.
By the way, if the Old Subbuteo rules are hard to understand, I'm the one to blame (and Finger that proof-read them Cool ). I was sure that would be the first step to spread the Old Subbuteo beyond Italy.
And sorry for my English. As Spudsky would say, I have still to have a pint this morning! Laughing

Ciao!
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi Fabio

A warm welcome to you!

Been working hard to try and reverse that 3-0 beating you gave me at the Maidenhead tournament. Look forward to seeing you lads over here again.

Steve
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi Steve, was pure luck. All things I did went right, all you did went wrong so that score was unreal. Next time would be different, I'd bet on it. I hope to come again over there, but you are welcome here too.
Cheers

Fabio
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Hey Fabio...You found us cheers

Good to hear from you. Your English is perfect, as usual, even with a pint Wink

One day, maybe in the future, I could get the Lionhearts to travel to Italy as a Club, and play against Longbardo OSC.

A real 'Continental' European experience.

Ciao Ciao

Ian geek
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:10 am

A real anglo-italian tournament, wow, that's would be great, using the real old formula, with everyone of you Lionhearts playing vs everyone of us Longobardi, two separate standings, and the finals between the number one, two, three... let's start talking about it guys, could be one year here and the next over there...do I just dreaming? cyclops
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:58 pm

I will ask the rest of the Club members about this idea, when we next meet to play Fabio.

I would love for us all to spend a weekend in Milan. Play Oldsubbuteo, catch a match at the San Siro, hang out with the Longbardi Club. It would be great.

We would have to get everyone to find a date suitable, some cheap accomodation and flights. I'm sure most of the lads would be up for it.

I will ask.

Are you enjoying the World Cup mate? I expect laughing at England? Sad Laughing

Cheers

Ian
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:01 am

As you could see, italians have nothing to laugh, as we are just drawing against kiwis scoring on a doubtful penalty... No
Generally speaking I am not seeing great matches and great teams, but I would not complain too much at this stage. Even the less important squads are playing with great concentration. England was always attacking against a nine man defense, and if you are not playing at your highest, you will have troubles to do it. You have to think that you are hoping to play seven matches in less than one month so will be better to be in great shape for the last fours, risking a little bit in the group stage. Speaking of Italy, low quality here I would say. Our skillest players are 4 years older than in Germany and in the down of their career, we miss a great forward (Gilardino? Pazzini? come on!!!), Buffon and Pirlo are injured, so would be a miracle getting to the semifinals, but who knows, sometimes miracles happens...
And it seems to me that the Jabulani ball is a joke. I never watched so many shots wide, high, twisted, keepers fooled by strange trajectories... Green goof aside! Laughing
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:00 am

Yes Fabio, the ball is a joke.

In years to come, this World Cup will be remembered because of the ball.

A South American side will win i think.

Good for you Fabio Wink

Cheers

Ian
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:12 am

Bring back ROSSI and BETTEGA.
I was a massive fan in 78!
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:19 am

If I try to look for positives, Spud. I have to take Fabio's perspective. Perhaps England are finally learning how to win a tournament. Like a good race horse, you can only race at your peak for about three races before being let down and brought back. Better to have a few pipe openers and just do enough, and hit your stride when the tournament starts in earnest.

In effect, we have been allowed two naff performances, and now we are in the knockout phase.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:57 am

Steve George wrote:
Bring back ROSSI and BETTEGA.
I was a massive fan in 78!
Speaking about quality players, they were miles above the actual ones. Bettega was my childhood hero, intelligent, good feet, fantastic header (almost for the italian average). He suffered of TBC at 22, almost ending his brilliant career start.
Rossi was a box snake, smart, quick, weighting just 66 kilos I wonder how could have survived playing against some big defenders...
But hey, look at Italy today, I mean, the most talented player on the pitch was Di Natale, and he miss some fundamental ball controls. When you play against wall defences as New Zealand, I think you get two options: beating them phisically putting high balls in the box (and I can hear a big laugh here about italians edging kiwis on high balls...). or playing fast with quick passes and moves. And we just don't have quality players to do it. Spud I think you're right: Argentina and Brazil are the favourites, if they can phisically last until the final.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:53 pm

BOX SNAKE! The perfect description, Fabio.

Will never forget the slick ONE-TWO Rossi and Bettega pulled off, to floor the Argentinians in the 78 GROUP STAGES.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )   Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Saying Hello! ( Introducing Myself )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South England Lionhearts :: OLD SUBBUTEO :: General-
Jump to: