South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The roof of the net

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers

fingers

The roof of the net Empty
PostSubject: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:35 am

This is a pic of a real situation today at the Ely tournament.

I was playing Jim and a goal up in the game, when he produced a bit of subbuteo bonkersness.

He did a great defensive-splitting ball, which I managed to block goalside of the ball, but leaving him a chance for the old 'blast and hope' option.

Needless to say Jim took up the challenge and duly 'blasted'.

This was the result, with his player ending up inside the net looking up at the ball.

The best bit about this was I recall a spectator saying "Jim it's your time that ticking away while fingers takes a photo of this", and Jim replying "Nah Bollox - I been playing for 40 years and never had the ball nestle on the roof of the net. This is worth the entrance fee alone! Laughing "

Quality!

The roof of the net 5801663375_074267f06a_z
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Laughing Quality mate...what a great day. I've never laughed so much at an event before.
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Brilliant pic Steve , what makes it for me is the Hubentut Fortuna (I kid you not chaps Shocked ) centre forward lying in the back of the net , don't know if he's laughing or crying , probably the former lol!
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:57 pm

thats amazing!

sounds like a great day.
looks forward to seeing the results
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 pm

It was the funniest Tournaments ever Jon.

I've seriously never laughed so much.

It started very sad Jon, with the news over night, that one of our great Oldsubbuteo friends, Roberto ( Teofilo ), had passed away after a long battle with cancer. He was only 42, and was a very close friend of the travelling Italian players, as he was a member of their OSC. He battled until the end, and attended as many Club meets and Tournaments as his body would allow. We will always remember him, as a true Gentleman, always smiling and happy and someone who had that 'Oldsubbuteo' spirit. He will be sadly missed. And i'm proud to have had him as a friend.

It seemed that many after hearing the news, although sad, decided that they would play the Tournament with a carefree sprit, full of laughs and that results didn't matter. This is how Roberto played... and it seemed the appropriate thing to do. And it was so much better for it.

I witnessed one of the best games of Oldsubbuteo i've ever seen. Between Stefano ( Ottiko ) and Steve ( Fingers ). A fun filled, skillful game, with two of the best goals i've ever witnessed both contrasting in style.

Fingers eventually won 4-2...which is a true scalp, as Ottiko is one of the finest players ever.

Also a 12-11 shoot out between Ottiko again lol, and John Phillips. Ottiko just scraping through.

We even got a cloth pitch out and had a game with flats and rugby players Laughing

I also found blowing the ball away, whilst defending corners is very effective...just ask Jim Shocked Wink Very Happy

RIP Roberto

The roof of the net Ciaoroberto
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Yes that is very sad even though I did not know him.
Wished I was there yesterday but I had to be content with a half day at the toy fair
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:10 pm

You picked up two smashing teams though mate...can't all be bad Wink
Back to top Go down
subbuteoman

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Thats a fantastic pic and story. Very funny. Having been there at Ely I can confirm evrything written above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The roof of the net   The roof of the net Empty

Back to top Go down

The roof of the net
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South England Lionhearts :: OLD SUBBUTEO :: General-
Jump to: