South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Touching up...by SSG

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Touching up...by SSG Empty
PostSubject: Touching up...by SSG   Touching up...by SSG EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 pm

I've noticed on a few of my teams, where the Shirt has been poorly painted and spilled heavily onto white shorts, that these shorts has been over painted with white paint. To create a better finish.

I remember a thread a long time ago, I think on the green forum, where it was concluded that SSG sometimes did this and it wasn't teams tidied up by owners.

Have you got any teams like this?

I've probably got half a dozen like this.
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Touching up...by SSG   Touching up...by SSG EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:26 pm

HW101 (Birmingham/Carlisle) figures seem to have received this treatment on a fairly regular basis.

When they corrected the centre stripe, they often seemed to touch up overspill on the shorts also.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Touching up...by SSG   Touching up...by SSG EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm glad it's not just me then Ian Laughing
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: Touching up...by SSG   Touching up...by SSG EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:50 am

what sort of white?
i have seen some 154's with a sort of cream added but i assumed this was by the person who bought the team
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Touching up...by SSG   Touching up...by SSG EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:02 am

Same thing Jon. Some even look really glossy. White, cream...matt, glossy...all depends how well the paint was stirred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touching up...by SSG   Touching up...by SSG Empty

Back to top Go down

Touching up...by SSG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South England Lionhearts :: SUBBUTEO COLLECTORS :: Collectors Talk-
Jump to: