South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wish I Could Paint Like This

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PunkReaper

PunkReaper

Wish I Could Paint Like This Empty
PostSubject: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:59 am

How I wish I was this skilled:

South Africa
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 pm

helcol teams are always painted to a very high standard . there are normally 2 bidders who go all out to get her teams and sometime the figures they go for are crazy
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:40 pm

She's a good painter...but if it was me, i'd tidy up the boots. A very well painted highly detailed team spoilt, imho, by boots that look like they're melting.

Can't knock the prices she gets though...and her two collectors must not mind the boots...damn those boots... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ogi71

ogi71

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:19 pm

with the utmost respect to Helen, nice teams, but nothing extraordinary. even she is shocked by the prices. there's only ever 2 bidders who spend (waste?) money like it's going out of fashion.

agree on the boots spud, it's looks like she's painting over machine lws, but leaving the boots as they were.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Yes...Cheap LW's overpainted in Acrylic. Fair play to her. She's found a niche and two people who fight over her work. Can't knock it.
Back to top Go down
George Best jr.

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:23 am

Helcol teams were sold for unbelievale prices in the last months - a lot of them for over 200 pounds, thats absolutely crazy cos figures and paintings are on a good but not extraordinary level!
The reasons: my theory is that she must have a special queen charme as woman and there are some men (of course) who have the money and the crazyness to pay a few dollars more for this charmin attitude in addition to her teams.
So feelings are sold not just the little plastic men.

Feelings - thats the point, SirĀ“s! And the heart make BUM! Lost in Helen.
Back to top Go down
PunkReaper

PunkReaper

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 am

Its time you started a masterclass thread on what to use, how to prepare and paint the figures, especially how to paint that fine detail........
Back to top Go down
ogi71

ogi71

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:07 am

small brush and a steady hand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PunkReaper

PunkReaper

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:03 pm

As Ogi said...it's as simple as that...but practice does make perfect. The more you paint the better the results.

But in saying that...it's easy to paint to the same quality as original HW's. These were painted by untrained women in Kent, who painted hundred a day, for pin money...seriously.

Maybe get yer missus to paint 'em for you. See what happens... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wish I Could Paint Like This   Wish I Could Paint Like This Empty

Back to top Go down

Wish I Could Paint Like This
Page 1 of 1