South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen

Go down 
+2
spudski
subbuteo forever 207
6 posters
AuthorMessage
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen Empty
PostSubject: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Chris picked up a small but tasty job lot from a bloke in eltham south east london last week.
he had photos sent to him of most of it and i noticed the 159,7 and 162 straight away.
chris kept a 67 and 68.
massive bonus only became apparent when chris met the bloke and he said "oh and i also have these players unboxed" - whcih turned out to be the mauved shorted 123's! result.

all these teams are near mint and so are the boxes/trays. only belmish is the team name written on the boxes as you can see.
also note the bit between the peru's players legs (oer) which oddly has also been painted to match the kit! bizarre!

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 123_ma10

Last edited by subbuteo forever 207 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 7_whit10
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 159_re10
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 159_pl10
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:07 pm

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 162_ye10
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm

That Peru player is definately 'Flashing' mate Shocked Laughing

When you said on the phone...'mauve shorted ref 123' I thought you meant the white shirted one. Sorry for the confusion.

Lovely teams mate... Thanks for sharing.

BTW...is the mauve on the ref 123 slightly darker than the Mauve you often find on a ref 55. I only ask, because it looks it in the photo, which is like the one i have.

Those photos are excellent Jon...perfect. It's the light in the 'Subby house' and not your macro that causes problems for you.

Here's mine for comparison. I'll bring it with me to Lionhearts.

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 003-74
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 pm

thanks ian.
when you say the 55 do you mean the darker version as below?
i will have to make the comparison at home and get back to you.

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 55_dar11
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:53 pm

yes i think from now on i will take the photos at the office such as these ones were done. work, what work? Smile
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Yes...that's the one Jon.

I've owned 3 dark shirted ref 55's and they all have slightly different shades.

My ref 123 is definately the darkest shade i've seen.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 pm

my gut instinct is the 123 i have is lighter than the 55 i have but i will check tonight.
any excuse to go to the cabin!
Back to top Go down
akumulator

akumulator

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 pm

lovely stuff Jon

having never seen a 122 or 123 in the flesh I always assumed that one was the colour of one of the 55 variants and the other the colour of the other variant

interested to find out how the cabin research goes ;-)

photos perhaps???

Cheers

Paul.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Me and Jon were discussing this yesterday Paul.

There are certain colours that appear to come in different shades. I remember talking to Paul Lloyd about this, and he said that some team colours were mixed and painted in batches by the outworker. So it makes sense that some teams turn up in different shades, as the outworkers would never get the mix exactly the same each time.

The colours most prone to this seem to be...

Grey, which you get on a ref 106
Mauve/purple like that on ref's 55,122 and 123 and 213.
Reddy/orange like that on ref 263 and 306
yellow/cream colour on a ref 216
Pink/mauve on a ref 210

Then you have the various shades of Blue. Royal Blue and 'Subbuteo' blue, being the two main differences. The Poster catalogues definately help on these, but are not always definative. Some appear to be mixed.

There is also a mid blue used on such refs as 254,256, 292,293 etc

The chocolate shade on a ref 228 is definately a one off.

The darker Green on a ref 242 and 274

There are definately two shades of claret as well.

All good fun...and worth making note of.
Back to top Go down
akumulator

akumulator

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:57 pm

you are making my head hurt , spudder pale
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:18 am

Laughing It's knowing this stuff, that keeps you ahead of the game mate. The more you study, the easier it is to spot any dodgy goings on.

On the other hand, i also believe many of us have dismissed teams in the past as 'repaints' because we have become so strict in our views.

The more teams you see, especially from good sourses, then the more you realise there were definately some 'odd' teams and colours out there.

SSG did anything to make money imho, especially coming towards the end of the HW era. Thrown together and bunged out any old how it seems.
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:13 am

Really nice teams there JR....excellent additions to that bulging collection of yours mate cheers
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 am

cheers mark.

i try to keep up with you mate but of course i am lagging! Wink

spud - i have also seen regularly two shades of green on a ref 62 - one quite dark and one quite bit lighter

sorry not been to the cabin tonight to check out the 123/55. ;(
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 am

also to add to the case ian is teams such as the ref 55 below that you recall seeing in your hand.very odd base combo and shirt painting.

the more i see the more i am pleased to see that no rules applied.thats the appeal of hand painted subbuteo!!
and as for base combo's! Rolling Eyes

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen 55_nam12
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 am

Also, an interesting white 'hoop' on top of socks! Wink

Great teams by the way!! cyclops
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:08 pm

subbuteo forever 207 wrote:
cheers mark.

i try to keep up with you mate but of course i am lagging! Wink

spud - i have also seen regularly two shades of green on a ref 62 - one quite dark and one quite bit lighter

sorry not been to the cabin tonight to check out the 123/55. ;(

Possibly another colour that was hand mixed Jon.

I've gone through the Airfix and Humbrol sites and forums in the past, and haven't found a paint that was produced that covered the colours mentioned.

As spoken in the past, a lot can depend on how thick or thin the paint is applied by the outworker. This can give different results. Especially with the colour Green.
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:33 am

awsome teams jon Very Happy
you must be running out of space in the cabin by now Laughing
for me the 162 is the best , kit and bases work brilliantly together
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen   cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen Empty

Back to top Go down

cracking new purchases thanks Mr Allen
Page 1 of 1