South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WACKY BASES.....

Go down 
+2
Vikash
Skell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skell

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Just some of the weird base combo's that make this collecting lark so fascinating.......

WACKY BASES..... P1010345
WACKY BASES..... P1010346
Back to top Go down
Vikash

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 pm

That Brazil looks so wrong:suspect:
Back to top Go down
Wrightenberg

Wrightenberg

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Quote :
That Brazil looks so wrong

Not as much as the Liverpool one though - blue bases?!?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrightenberg.co.uk/
Vikash

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 am

Wrightenberg wrote:
Quote :
That Brazil looks so wrong

Not as much as the Liverpool one though - blue bases?!?!?

Gosh:shock: Youre right, mate!Laughing
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 am

try this 26!!

WACKY BASES..... 26_blu10
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
Gullseye

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:35 am

Jon, that one is really bad. Until I got back into subbuteo and stumbled on this forum, I can't ever remember seeing any teams on such odd combinations. I know that subbuteo did use unusual base combo's when they were short of particular colours but you would have thought they would use a part match.

I would always be a little suspicious that some kid may have switched them over. That Brazil player on the red and white is just ridiculous. You would have thought that subbuteo had some quality control and would have stopped that one going out.

Have not read anything about this or seen any comments from outworkers etc would be interesting.

Back to top Go down
Vikash

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:06 pm

That is a terrible base combo, Jon! Feel like hurling just looking at the pic:no:
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 pm

yes its fairly disgusting i must say.

still i like oddities so it appeals from that point of view
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
Vikash

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 pm

What would you chaps consider to be the best base combo for a Bangor? I have a LW mp version that I want to rebase. Would blue bases, yellow discs be the best for this team or the reverse?
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for sharing those lads...some nice, some rather hideous.

I have a Genoa on all black too...although it should be in fact Navy blue, to be correct.

Easily done though...especially back in the 70's.

I noticed one of the painters on the Green forum has painted a Cagliari from 1971, in white with red and black trim, with red and black bases. He questioned why everyone else has painted it in red and blue trim in the past. Easily done, as the Navy blue trim does look black in colour pictures, and like i say, it is Navy blue trim...not black. I visited Cagliari's ground and saw the kit with my own eyes, and have asked Italian's to confirm this. We all make mistakes though...easily done.
Back to top Go down
Vikash

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 pm

The black and red halved shirted team would be a Newells old Boys for me in any language:cheers:

I love my Argentine teams:king:
Back to top Go down
Wrightenberg

Wrightenberg

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:57 am

Quote :
Easily done, as the Navy blue trim does look black in colour pictures,
and like i say, it is Navy blue trim...not black. I visited Cagliari's
ground and saw the kit with my own eyes, and have asked Italian's to
confirm this.

I've painted this team quite a few times (and for Rossoblu fans) - I've always assumed that it's dark blue. Have a look at this picture and compare the colour of the collar to the black on the badge:

[img]WACKY BASES..... Caglia12[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrightenberg.co.uk/
Sponsored content

WACKY BASES..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WACKY BASES.....   WACKY BASES..... Empty

Back to top Go down

WACKY BASES.....
Page 1 of 1