South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

World Cup '78

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blagmonkey

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 am

Hi all

I wonder if any one can help me. I'm gonna piant up the teams from the world cup of 1978.. I'm just short of a few kits: Tunisia 2nd kit, Scotlands 2nd, West germanys 2nd ( i guess it was there green kit but need details) and confermation of Irans 1st kit. I know they had red jerseys but did it have Iran writ across the chest. Their 2nd kit didn't.

Cheers guys

Chris
Back to top Go down
blagmonkey

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 am

I have a couple of 3rd kits for France and Argentina. Any evidence of more?

Once again cheers guys

Chris
Back to top Go down
tamig

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 pm

World Cup '78 Scotla10I'm sure Scotland had an all white away kit at that time - although they never used it in the 3 games at the Worls Cup. White with blue diamonds and stripes down the sleeves and shorts.

Edit - just found a link to it so here's the pic.

Cheers,
Tom.
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:43 pm

From a website...

France had no third shirt. Those green and white shirts belonged to Kimberley FC, a very small team which plays the Mar del Plata City regional league. The bizarre or scandalous situation (a national team playing a World Cup match with borrowed shirts) had to do with colour clash and TV demands, but it would have been enough if only one of the teams changed to their second white kit. Well, both teams travelled from Buenos Aires to Mar del Plata with white shirts and nothing else to replace them, so one of them had to wear the Kimberley FC shirts.And about TV: nobody had a color TV in Argentina for the 1978 WC. We Argentinians watched all games in B/W, although ATC (the national broadcasting system) broadcasted in color for the first time for the rest of the world. It's great to live in the third world.

As for all the other stuff...all the answers can be found on youtube. Enjoy the research Cool
Back to top Go down
blagmonkey

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Puffin wrote:
Scotland's can be found here mate http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/scotland-1961-1979.html

Cheers mate. I knew this kit but was just wondering whether, had they had the opertunity to wear it, if their 2nd kit would have been all white or white with blue shorts.
Back to top Go down
blagmonkey

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:32 pm

tamig wrote:
World Cup '78 Scotla10I'm sure Scotland had an all white away kit at that time - although they never used it in the 3 games at the Worls Cup. White with blue diamonds and stripes down the sleeves and shorts.

Edit - just found a link to it so here's the pic.

You make me think now that had they had the chance to wear their 2nd kit it would have been all white. Of course it would have depended on which team they played. So white or blue shorts would have been used, as with the alt 1st kit. I'm gonna go with white top with blue shorts i think.

Cheers,
Tom.
Back to top Go down
blagmonkey

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:35 pm

spudski wrote:
From a website...

France had no third shirt. Those green and white shirts belonged to Kimberley FC, a very small team which plays the Mar del Plata City regional league. The bizarre or scandalous situation (a national team playing a World Cup match with borrowed shirts) had to do with colour clash and TV demands, but it would have been enough if only one of the teams changed to their second white kit. Well, both teams travelled from Buenos Aires to Mar del Plata with white shirts and nothing else to replace them, so one of them had to wear the Kimberley FC shirts.And about TV: nobody had a color TV in Argentina for the 1978 WC. We Argentinians watched all games in B/W, although ATC (the national broadcasting system) broadcasted in color for the first time for the rest of the world. It's great to live in the third world.

As for all the other stuff...all the answers can be found on youtube. Enjoy the research Cool

When i said 3rd kit i meant '3rd' kit. An interesting curio ideal for painting non-the-less. The shorts and socks where part of the official french kit so not all bad.

I could have sworn that this sort of thing happened agian in spain '82 but have read that the french mix up was the only time it has happened.

Iran confusion sorted thenks.

Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
blagmonkey

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Having trouble finding Italys 2nd kit. They seemed to have played in their 1st and alt 1st kits only. I could be wrong of course. Their '74 2nd was great, only hope the 2nd for '78 was as nice, though i suspect it was white top and blue shorts and all white for alt 2nd.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 am

Didn't Iran play in ALL WHITE?
Back to top Go down
blagmonkey

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:28 pm

They did. It was their 2nd kit. Their kit before the world cup had 'Iran' emblazened across the chest. Shame it's gone for the WC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World Cup '78 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup '78   World Cup '78 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Cup '78
Page 1 of 1