South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Agents letter...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:50 am

This will show you how much some of these journeyman Pros are on...

From QPR to his agent...

Hi Gianni,

Further to our conversation an hour ago I want to confirm that the
details below is the official final offer from Queens park Rangers FC:

Player Jay Bothroyd
Term 2 Years ( compulsory option for 3rd year if QPR are in Premier League
and the player makes 19 appearances in the 2013/2014 season ).
Salary £25,000 per week ( including S.O.F ) = £1,300,000.
Appearance £2,500 per game ( named in 18 man squad )
Bonus £250,000 for each season QPR remain in the Premier League ( payable at the end of each season )
£2,500 per game ( named in 18 man squad ) if QPR remain in Premier League ( payable at the end of each season )
Relegation If QPR are relegated in the 2011/2012 season then the player will be allowed to leave for the price of £1,250,000.
The player will receive £250,000 from the £1,250,000.
Buy-Out The player will have a buy-out price of £2,500,000. This will be applicable at the end of the 2011/2012 season if QPR remain in the Premier League.
Agents Fee £130,000 per year (£260,000) as per representation agreement.
£25,000 payable each year QPR are in Premier League.

Please confirm by return that the above is correct.
Best,
Sky "

This is a letter from his agent
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:03 am

tough being a pro footballer,eh? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:05 am

It's an even bigger shock to see the agent's take!

You might make an argument ( might ) for a player simply having a share of the yield, given that he is part of the entertainment that draws the cash - a bit like an actor getting a share of the millions brought in by a movie. You get paid in proportion to your contribution.

Having said that, the quality of football isn't value for the money.
I see 'pros' doing stuff I would have bollocked teenagers for in my coaching days, and bone idle with it!

Football survived without agents once upon a time, and it could do just fine without them NOW! To get £260,000 for basically doing NOTHING a player couldn't do for himself is sickening.

And if a player didn't have the ability to negotiate his contract effectively , then at least the game / clubs would be financially better off.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:47 am

When Nicky Maynard signed for City, he brought his Mum along to sit in on the talks Laughing

Agents make a fortune Steve...the above example is just the tip of the iceberg. I've seen first hand through my last relationship how much they make, and what horrible leaches they are. Really dispicable.

The more this type of stuff was in the papers or media, the more people would turn their back on football. It's all covered up to some degree.

Like you say Steve...the Entertainment isn't relative in it's value.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:46 am

ESSGEE wrote:
It's an even bigger shock to see the agent's take!

Football survived without agents once upon a time, and it could do just fine without them NOW! To get £260,000 for basically doing NOTHING a player couldn't do for himself is sickening.

And if a player didn't have the ability to negotiate his contract effectively , then at least the game / clubs would be financially better off.

Evil or Very Mad
Most players are pretty useless at everything apart from football and computer games. In the past they have been shafted by clubs and we now live in an age where this has been totally reversed. From the players point of view they now know that left in the hands of an agent they are more likely to get something like the going rate. The fault in this getting out of hand lies entirely with the directors of clubs. At least the new rules coming in limiting transfer fees etc is a step in the right direction to bring the game back to some sort of normality.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Take your point, Gully, but the going rate is what disturbs me ...
For players and agents.
Both are getting way beyond their worth.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Mr Bothroyd is one of the laziest players I've ever seen..mind you Mr Nugent was on £30k a week at Pompey so there you go...just wondered if any of the resident Saints fans know if the club intends paying its bills this time around ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:23 am

scratch

Lost me, Ralph?

Saints were bought by Markus Liebherr ( Billionaire ), and all debts were paid.
I understand it was the stadium that was the crippler ( & Rupert Lowe ) for Southampton.

Are you confusing Saints with Pompey?
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:06 am

no - are you telling me that when Southampton went into administration as a method of avoiding their debts and incurred a penalty deduction your tame billionaire subsequently paid everyone every penny owed ? if so then fair enough

The question I am asking is whether or not your club who like Portsmouth cheated its way through a good few years on money it didn't have before being found out is going to cough up the money on time to its debtors in future ?..we'll see
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:49 am

Saints have never been spenders.
But the new stadium was a must!
Given that nothing lasts forever, I am guessing your beloved Burnley will need a new ground one day.

In addition, it was the company that owned Saints that went into administration, not the football club itself. That is why they originally argued against the point deduction.

The Saints situation was NOTHING like Pompey.
We weren't spending millions on players we couldn't afford.
Rory Delap was our biggest buy!
Infact, rather than buying, we were busy accepting slashed early settlements on Walcott and Bale.

As I understand it, when Markus Liebherr ( RIP ) took over, he paid off all creditors in full, including the outstanding £26m on the stadium.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

ralphtheclaret wrote:
no - are you telling me that when Southampton went into administration as a method of avoiding their debts and incurred a penalty deduction your tame billionaire subsequently paid everyone every penny owed ? if so then fair enough

The question I am asking is whether or not your club who like Portsmouth cheated its way through a good few years on money it didn't have before being found out is going to cough up the money on time to its debtors in future ?..we'll see

Football Association rules state that a club can only continue, or pass control to another company after an “Insolvency Event” (including receivership, as well as administration), if a club has satisfied all football creditors in full. In other words, if a Football Creditor is not paid off in full, then a club cannot continue to play in FA competitions – and if a club cannot play in any FA competitions, it cannot continue to trade.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:33 pm

ESSGEE wrote:
ralphtheclaret wrote:

Football Association rules state that a club can only continue, or pass control to another company after an “Insolvency Event” (including receivership, as well as administration), if a club has satisfied all football creditors in full. In other words, if a Football Creditor is not paid off in full, then a club cannot continue to play in FA competitions – and if a club cannot play in any FA competitions, it cannot continue to trade.

That raises an interesting point about other creditors. I'm not an expert on insolvency but surely in law all unsecured creditors rank equally in being repaid. In Pompey's case they settled at something like 10p in the pound so could not have paid all creditors in full. Is there some loop hole with football creditors?
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 pm

These are the Football Association rules. Any football creditors have to be paid in full for the above reasons, Gully.

Portsmouth became the first Premier League club to enter administration in 2010, with players on tens of thousands of pounds a week all receiving their salaries in full, whilst local businesses and charities only received 20 pence for each pound that they were owed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Agents letter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agents letter...   Agents letter... Empty

Back to top Go down

Agents letter...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South England Lionhearts :: FOOTBALL :: Football Talk-
Jump to: