South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Conundrum...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Conundrum... Empty
PostSubject: Conundrum...   Conundrum... EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:20 pm

I had an interesting ebay message from a well known Italian collector, who unfortunately is known by many to question every possible team he purchases, even though it is obvious to everyone, when he posts them up on forums, that they are original teams...Paranoid beyond belief.

He received the team then said he would like to return it, as the shirts look 'touched up' by the previous owner...

The problem is... there was no 'Previous owner'... I've owned the team since i was a kid Rolling Eyes , and the previous owner was the Shop i bought it from and SSG themselves. I tried to explain that on some shirts, the paint looks thinner in places and thicker on others, depending on how the paint pot was stirred by the outworker.

Anyway, i've offered the collector a full refund, btbh, it's a real pain in the arse, especially when you know it's 100% original. Unfortunately the buyer has a history of doing this, not just to me, but to others as well.

How do you stop someone bidding on your teams without offending them?

Like i said...the collector is ultra paranoid and seems to question every team he receives regardless of who he purchases it from... really annoying. He's not a newbie and hasn't seemed to learnt anything over the years. Fortunately he's only brought 3 teams from me...but i really can't be arsed with all the hassle.
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

Conundrum... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...   Conundrum... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:32 am

ian

i have a feeling who you are on about
to be honest mate i would just block his bids to save the hassle you are getting when you know 110% that the team is genuine in every aspect . there are plenty of collectors out there who know you and your reputation so i would not worry about loosing one buyer out of the equation

lee
Back to top Go down
subbuteoman

Conundrum... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...   Conundrum... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:24 am

I would agree with Spurs. Block him. Sometimes offence gets caused and sometimes people deserve it. Even tho its not ideal. Ur a gent Spudski, no doubt about that mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Conundrum... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...   Conundrum... Empty

Back to top Go down

Conundrum...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South England Lionhearts :: SUBBUTEO COLLECTORS :: Subbuteo on Ebay-
Jump to: