South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beer Festival Haul...

Go down 
+2
Heavyweight021
spudski
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Beer Festival Haul... Empty
PostSubject: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:01 pm

I got speaking to a lad who i was introduced to through a mate at a local beer festival recently.

I instigated a conversation about Subbuteo ( as you do;) ) and he mentioned he still had his Subbuteo at home.

Anyway i gave him my number, never expecting to hear from him again... we were both well oiled by the morning lol, but i got a call last night saying he had found it all, and was i still interested? Box set and teams by the sound of it. Looking forward to going to see them later:bounce:

Drink does seem to be involved in my best hauls... so fingers crossed the tradition keeps going... tres excited:lol:
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Great to hear!

Looking forward to the post-match report ..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:18 am

Just got back... I must say, a tremendous result considering. Everything was jumbled up and all over the place, so have yet to have a proper sort out.

The long and short of it...

1 Stadium Edition...almost complete and in good order.

some Accessories, balls, goalnets and a few LW Teams.

Zombies... Ref's... 27,53,67,183,191,207, 238, 317 all handpainted8)

Hw teams...all complete it seems... Ref's... 3,7,11,16,41,100,101,131,138,143,England and Wales c500's. Plus a most unusual team...

Here are the pick of the bunch so far...

Two black players!!!scratch

Beer Festival Haul... 002-14

And this team i have no idea... Any thoughts...?

Beer Festival Haul... 003-14

Beer Festival Haul... 004-13

Apparantly his brother might have some stuff too...cheers

All played with and bought when they were kids... to say i'm chuffed is an understatement.

I won't tell you what i crossed his palm with...too embarrassing:oops:

Last edited by spudski on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 am

Super haul .... no question!

Congratulations!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:54 am

spudski wrote:
Apparantly his brother might have some stuff too...cheers

Phone number please Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:04 am

top result there Ian

just looked at peter uptons and that team looks like 354 watford
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 am

Very similar Lee...but Watford has red and black trim i believe. Plus the figures and bases lean to something mid seventies.

I'm thinking it's meant to represent the 2nd kit of one of the claret and blue teams. Burnley, West Ham, Villa etc. I've asked Ralph whether he know's...he's king of kits.

Nice looking team though...regardless of who it is.

Still chuffed.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:35 am

Really nice Ian,great find buddy.....thought you were saving up;)
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:38 am

Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:53 am

You really are a jammie bugger Spud when it comes to subby!

was the cider at the beer festival any good?!? lol!
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 am

Yes Lee... I'm aware of those teams. That one is owned by Pete who lives about 1/4 of a mile from me. Ralph had one on Zombie too. He can remember the shop that sold them in Burnley. Thanks for posting the link though...'tis a lovely team.

Mark...still saving bud, but this was too good an opportunity to miss. Put it this way...the lot cost less than a crate of beer.Cool
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:57 am

Shocked That is a strange one we always had Yellow shorts and socks the other two didn't have a Yellow away kit until Villa wore one in the 80's and that too was All Yellow and it had a chestband like our 80's kit.....have they got Yellow shorts under the Claret ?

or is it the photo ?

could be something really random like Weymouth away !
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks for that Ralph...really stumped now then. Oh well, it's still pretty. Thanks for the pm bud.

Adam...sorry missed your post. The Cider was good...but avoid 'Janets Jungle Juice' at all costs. Tbh...I found Waggle dance and stuck to that after Janet:lol:
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Laughing sounds good to me! Just read a CAMRA review on it

http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=241870

"

The judges described the National Gold Champion Cider, West Croft Janet's Jungle Juice, as having “an inviting fresh nose of roses and ripe fruit, a well balanced smooth flavour hinting at pineapple, apples and bananas with a light lingering after taste. Overall this is an interesting characterful easily drinkable cider with great appeal”. "

could you taste the pineapple and banana? Laughing
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:29 am

Ian

did you ever find out what the mysterious kit was ?
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:34 am

I haven't mate...but i've had plenty of collectors asking if i want to part with it:lol:

Do you have any idea?
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:40 am

afraid not Ian, did you ask ralph or jim . Im sure either of them would have an idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beer Festival Haul...   Beer Festival Haul... Empty

Back to top Go down

Beer Festival Haul...
Page 1 of 1