South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gullseye

THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' Empty
PostSubject: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:12 am

Just got back from Brighton's opening game at the Amex. Unbelievable atmosphere and incredible noise levels. Every supporter was given a blue and white flag and the scenes when the teams entered the stadium were amazing. Took me back to the 70's seen nothing like it in years. Catch it on 'The Football League' worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 am

Couldn't have scripted it any better, Gully.

Eventful first day at the Amex Stadium!
Back to top Go down
http://oldsubbuteo.heavenforum.com
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:36 am

You predicted it as well Laughing

Great win for the Saints. Nice to see our old captain score a goal. Superb strike.
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 am

Gullseye wrote:
Great win for the Saints. Nice to see our old captain score a goal. Superb strike.

A trio of superb strikes!

Although some Leeds fans on the various Forums have said that Lonergan should have kept out Hammond's shot, from the angles I saw, ... 1. the ball was hit brilliantly, 2. it came from behind O'Brien. While Lonergan got his fingertips to it, I would like to meet the goalie who would have stopped that one entering the net!

Terrible performance from Leeds - the most disjointed/clueless show that I've witnessed since the season when we were relegated from the Championship.

Top marks to Saints though ... 3 clinical finishes at the end of some good moves. A fantastic way to announce your re-entrance into the Championship!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:01 am

Yep! I have to say it exceeded my wildest expectations.

Saints are notoriously bad starters, so to win was a rare treat.

Would have been nice to see Chaplow's strike against the post sneak in to make it FOUR!

Football fans, eh ... never happy!

Gotta follow it up now at Barnsley.
Back to top Go down
http://oldsubbuteo.heavenforum.com
Big_Ben

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Morning all.

Well, it was a great weekend of footy all round for the south coast clubs. We managed to pull a draw out the bag to replicate last seasons scoreline and I think any pompey fan would have taken that all day long.

As for Brighton, I'm really pleased for you lot as I know how long its taken to get the stadium up and running and I bet it is like dreamland for you lot at the moment! I can't wait to get down there in March and have a good look round. Are you coming along to Fratton Park on saturday Gullseye? I'll be there for my first game of the season (I was going to the real Betis friendly... until pompeys team plane got hit by the catering truck and meant they couldn't get back for the US!).

And Southampton..... Looked very good (as much as it pains me to say it!). 'Clinical Southampton' they were saying on Sky and I have to agree. You boys looked class and we're going to struggle against you I fear. Looking forward to that one though, I just hope we don't smash Fratton up again!

Ben.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:34 am

Big_Ben wrote:
Morning all.

Well, it was a great weekend of footy all round for the south coast clubs. We managed to pull a draw out the bag to replicate last seasons scoreline and I think any pompey fan would have taken that all day long.

As for Brighton, I'm really pleased for you lot as I know how long its taken to get the stadium up and running and I bet it is like dreamland for you lot at the moment! I can't wait to get down there in March and have a good look round. Are you coming along to Fratton Park on saturday Gullseye? I'll be there for my first game of the season (I was going to the real Betis friendly... until pompeys team plane got hit by the catering truck and meant they couldn't get back for the US!).

And Southampton..... Looked very good (as much as it pains me to say it!). 'Clinical Southampton' they were saying on Sky and I have to agree. You boys looked class and we're going to struggle against you I fear. Looking forward to that one though, I just hope we don't smash Fratton up again!

Ben.
A great shame but I can't make it to Fratton on saturday. Pretty sure we will sell out our allocation though as interest is higher than it has ever been. We started slowly on saturday but threw the kitchen sink at Doncaster in the last half hour and really should have had at least another two goals. With the signings we have made there are plenty of goals in this team and should be a cracker against Pompey.
Back to top Go down
Big_Ben

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 am

I agree, it should be great game and i can't wait!

PLAY UP POMPEY!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'   THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN' Empty

Back to top Go down

THE AMEX WAS ROCKIN'
Page 1 of 1