South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters Empty
PostSubject: Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters   Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 am

Repainters are not simply the bane of the HW collecting community; even the Smurfs get makeovers - to increase their value, or transform them into rare variants of the one original base model ...

http://bluebuddies.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002363;p=0#000009

Neutral Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters   Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Why were you looking at a Smurfs forum Ian;) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters   Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:26 pm

spudski wrote:
Why were you looking at a Smurfs forum Ian;) Laughing

Aha! ... the latest Smurf film has fired the imagination of my daughter re these blue boys - I've bought quite a few for her from ebay ... and, to make sure I'm not paying over the odds, I've done a little research on their value ...

I've now discovered that the football, and particularly the rugby ones, get high prices (an England rugby Smurf made £87 last night).

Convinced???

I knew you wouldn't be Wink

Noticed one of these guys sitting at £170 on ebay last night - and there's still plenty of time to go on that auction!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters   Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Laughing I'll believe you...Wink

Actually my ex wife had a load of them that she had kept from her childhood. She had a big plasic Mushroom house that they all lived in. I specifically remember the windsurfing one for some reason. She must have had at least 30 of 'em. Shame i kicked 'em out of the loft...Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters   Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 pm

spudski wrote:
Shame i kicked 'em out of the loft...Rolling Eyes Laughing

No doubt about that .... I'm shocked to find they're as valuable as Subbuteo!! I mean ........ those wee flowers on a par with our masculine figures!! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters   Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters Empty

Back to top Go down

Even the Smurfs are Targeted by the Repainters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South England Lionhearts :: SUBBUTEO COLLECTORS :: Subbuteo on Ebay-
Jump to: