South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

desert island teams

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

desert island teams Empty
PostSubject: desert island teams   desert island teams EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 pm

so guys,

you are marooned on a desert island but you managed to grab your top ten fave subby teams before your plane crashed.

what would yours be from your own collection?

mine

all HW's of course - refs:-

123 mauve shorts

Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
duncthehat

PostSubject: Re: desert island teams   desert island teams EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 12:07 am

I would grab 10 of the teams I played with as a kid which are in a seperate box to my collection.

Ref 68 Chile (winners of my first world cup)
Ref 13 Holland (winners of the second world cup and season 1 league winners)
England jubilee - complete with Trevor Cherry having just one leg
Villa 74 - Multiple league winners naturally
Zaire and Haiti Loved the kits and Haiti came with a really over the top fat goalie - Named him Francillon after Haitis
1974 keeper and he only ever played for Haiti. also had a rattler who became team captain Nazaire or smething like that
Ref 190 - Kilmarnock , double up as the Baggies. Relegated when at the age of 14 i reorganised my top league into a 8
team superleague coming bottom with just 1 win. Played lower divs with logacta and the kit was hardly ever used again
Ref 174 Australia - lost a world cup final against Holland
Ref 166 Italy - Used for any blue and white team. Scored my most memorable goal. A set piece corner chipped in with a kicker
onto the head of a player on the edge of the box that flew into top right of net.
ref 21 Leeds - So faded and well worn but one day will be the only ref 21 in existence
Uruguay - Zombie team. Lost my final childhood wc final to England. My only childhood zombie team which played actually quite well
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: desert island teams   desert island teams EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 pm

No idea what I would grab, but this is how it would be played once I managed to get onto the desert island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU-ltDBHoug

love it! bounce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert island teams   desert island teams EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:07 pm

I like!

This takes me back 24 months to my Solo Beach Soccer League.

Painted the goals yellow, but stopped at sand coloured felt, with the real stuff only glued around the edges, mind.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oldsubbuteo.heavenforum.com
ute ubo

ute ubo

PostSubject: Re: desert island teams   desert island teams EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:25 am

Ok

101 classic blues kit [hatton,latchford,francis]

61 Northampton

28 norwich [paddon n the boys]

145 Aldershot

155 El Salvador

169 Luton[love that kit]

319 [loved that wales kit]

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.marshalllaw.co.uk
Sponsored content