South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arsenal into Roma...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Arsenal into Roma... Empty
PostSubject: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:52 am

I've had a few incomplete ref 16's come through lately.

So i whipped the figures out the base, stuck them into some others, a few flicks of the paintbrush later, and hey Presto a new team to play with.Cool

This is my interpretation of how i think SSG would have painted this Kit. The Roma 1980 'Pouchon' kit.

Obviously they would have been shipped to Italy, and they would have added the badge and box to sell Wink Laughing

Shame SSG never handpainted this team on HW Crying or Very sad

Arsenal into Roma... 001-18

Arsenal into Roma... 002-17
Back to top Go down
akumulator

akumulator

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:13 am

Lovely stuff Ian. And ref photo to compare against?

Cheers

Paul
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:24 am

akumulator wrote:
Lovely stuff Ian. And ref photo to compare against?

Cheers

Paul

Here you go Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNkW8gBaBT4
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:27 am

I've now also converted a battered Ref 2...

From Everton to Pescara...in the same style as the Roma Wink

Here's a referance link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSSyhe8Lvo

Arsenal into Roma... 004-14

Arsenal into Roma... 005-12
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:27 am

great stuff as usual Ian Cool

the roma looks a hell of a lot better than a 16 Laughing
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:39 am

Well being a Lazio fan...it's quiet hard to swallow.

I can understand your preference though mate;)
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 am

aahhhh!!!

good point Ian ,sorry mate forgot your lazio Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 am

Very Nice. I love the way you casually say ' a few flicks of the paint brush and hey presto a new team'. It would take me all day to paint those.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:46 am

Next time we meet...perhaps at Maidenhead next year, I'd be quiet willing to paint a team from scratch and show you how quick it can be done, in Outworker style. Seriously mate, no time at all. It is all very slap dash. That's the way you have to be if you want it to look authentic.

In fact it's the mixing of the paint that takes the longest, but tbh, with these two teams, it was straight from the pot with a little matting agent and thinner...that's all.

In fact, i've just looked, and from the time it took for me to post the first team ( Roma) it took me approxiamately 1 1/2 hrs to find the Ref 2 team, find Pescara kit on Internet, paint it, photograph it, upload it, then post it on here. Seriously, it's that quick.
Back to top Go down
akumulator

akumulator

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 am

1 1/2 hours?? You serious??? Not sure if that inspires or depresses me more!

either way, this post has been inspiring ! Maybe I should stop selling all the 41's for peanuts I keep picking up, and keep them and create some new teams instead

What's the purpose of the matting agent? To flatten any shine in the paint??

Also, do you strip the figures back to plastic or just paint on top of what is already there

Would def be up for a little workshop session at Maidenhead next year!

Cheers,

Paul
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:17 am

Yes would be interesting to see the master at work.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:40 am

If i get a rough team off ebay or from private sale for less than a tenner, I will either paint over it, depending on what kit I want, or dismantle it and strip. Then paint into what i want.

The matting agent, makes the paint authentically matt like the originals. Modern humbrol or enamel paint has a slight sheen to it, and a smoothness. A good way, when in the hand, of spotting a fake.Wink Worth knowing when buying from unknown sellers.

Happy to give tips and help to others, but perhaps it's best not to be so open on this forum. Lurkers and all that...Crying or Very sad

Happy to oblige at Maidenhead.
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:33 am

ian

you will have to do it in a closed off area or under a blanket with trusted people only allowed to see the master at work Laughing

we dont want certain people who may be visiting the fair to see how the process is done Wink
Back to top Go down
Wrightenberg

Wrightenberg

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 am

Lovely job, Ian.

Both teams look great in the outworker style - very authentic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrightenberg.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arsenal into Roma...   Arsenal into Roma... Empty

Back to top Go down

Arsenal into Roma...
Page 1 of 1