South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP

Go down 
+4
Big_Ben
fabiobertola
spudski
Gullseye
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gullseye

SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP Empty
PostSubject: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:47 am

Dream start for the Championship new boys in first and second place and both through to the next round of the cup. Sorry if we are gloating Pompey but experience tells me you have to make the most of it while you can. The last time we played Pompey in the Championship I remember Merson giving us two fingers as you stuffed us 4 - 2. Laughing
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:09 am

I said both of you will do well this season.

I also said my lot will be relegation fodder, along with a poor Leeds, who imho flattered to deceive last season. So far i'm being proved right.

Suprised by the Fox's going down at home though...

This League is a riot. It's completely bonkers and leads fans into a false sense of security.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:22 am

spudski wrote:

This League is a riot. It's completely bonkers and leads fans into a false sense of security.

Completely agree Ian, this is what makes this division so much more interesting than the Premier. I'm not getting carried away as it is a tough league and a very thin line between success and failure. We scored an injury time winner last week and survived a penalty in injury time this week. Really I would be happy just for us to establish ourselves in the division.

The Leicester result was a surprise especially with Shane long leaving Reading this week.

Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:54 am

Gullseye wrote:
spudski wrote:

Completely agree Ian, this is what makes this division so much more interesting than the Premier. I'm not getting carried away as it is a tough league and a very thin line between success and failure. We scored an injury time winner last week and survived a penalty in injury time this week. Really I would be happy just for us to establish ourselves in the division.

The Leicester result was a surprise especially with Shane long leaving Reading this week.

The worst thing that happened to my lot, was making the play off Final in our first year up. It makes everyones expectations too high. It was a fluke, momentum carried on from the year before. Since then we have spent Millions and gone backwards. 20 million in debt and bottom of the league:roll:
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:15 am

You can understand when teams get close to a Premier League place throwing money around to try and get there. Directors see all those Sky millions. Having nearly gone bust in recent times I hope our lot will be more wary.

Wasn't aware that Bristol's debts were that large. Some of your directors were at our stadium a few months ago getting information on how we dealt with our planning application.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:31 am

We've got massive debts, but our owner is loaded. 600 million or something. Now lives in Guernsey. Now wants to run the Club on a shoesting:roll:

Considering QPR have spent nothing in the transfer market, does anyone else think their owners, want to take the £ Millions from the Sky and Premier coffers, except relegation...then scarper!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:47 am

spudski wrote:
We've got massive debts, but our owner is loaded. 600 million or something. Now lives in Guernsey. Now wants to run the Club on a shoesting:roll:

Considering QPR have spent nothing in the transfer market, does anyone else think their owners, want to take the £ Millions from the Sky and Premier coffers, except relegation...then scarper!

It must be tempting, there are always those looking for the next opportunity to make a killing. Having said that I think there is a lot to be said for being a yo-yo club. Should in theory be a good way to build up a club.
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:19 am

Good start from my side. Lions got 4 points from a tough start against Reading away and Forest at home, and could have been 6 without the last 5 minutes lapse at Madejski Stadium. As Millwall squad is so thin we have to amass the most point we can before injuries and bans will cause problems.
But the Championship could really turn a dream in a nightmare, you never know what you could expect from the season. Much better than the boring (and dangerous for the small clubs) Premier...
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:31 am

It does take the pressure off if you can get some early points on the board. Once you get in that bottom three it can be like trying to climb out of a swamp. Is Theo still involved with Millwall ?
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:35 am

Totally agree Fabio... I would love it if a team won the Championship, and then turned down Promotion. It's the Devils work...

Btw...just remind me why we are going to watch the Gas on Tuesday!scratch Laughing

The things you have to do for mates...Laughing
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 am

Gullseye wrote:
It does take the pressure off if you can get some early points on the board. Once you get in that bottom three it can be like trying to climb out of a swamp. Is Theo still involved with Millwall ?
He left in 2006, as far as I know. Actual owners seems very conscious at running the club, and manager Kenny Jackett doesn't pursue risky and expensive deals, leaving supporters in a state of uncertainty.
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:50 am

spudski wrote:

Btw...just remind me why we are going to watch the Gas on Tuesday!scratch Laughing

Because... they have the nicest shirt of the F.A., because I wanna just smell the air... because of Smash and Grab memories... because I wanna hurt myself...definitely!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:07 am

fabiobertola wrote:
spudski wrote:

Because... they have the nicest shirt of the F.A., because I wanna just smell the air... because of Smash and Grab memories... because I wanna hurt myself...definitely!! Laughing Laughing

Say hello to Adam Virgo for me, who has just signed for the Gas. Spud may remember him from the 2004 Play off Final Laughing I don't like to remember Smash and Grab who put 8 past Brighton at The Goldstone.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Well the Air doesn't smell of Gas anymore Fabbers...just desperation:lol: Wink

Will i risk wearing my City shirt under my jacket? Shocked

Don't remind me Gullers...

Didn't the Gas get beat 9-0 by Spurs back then?... Lee may remember.
Back to top Go down
Big_Ben

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Oh dear, that's all i can say about our performance yesterday!

We were sat in the Fratton end and watched Pompey play 90 minutes without a shot on target!! Then, we get the penalty right on front of us so we're thinking, 'okay, a point will do' and Bang! Against the upright just before the final whistle goes. Not a great start....

Well done to you boys though Gullseye, you did play well but (and I'm not trying to sound bitter or anything) the ref was one of the worst I've seen for ages. If you get the chance to see any of the game you'll see what I mean. It was nice to have another bit of south coast rivalry (apart from them down the road) and the banter was pretty good throughout the whole game.

I think you'll do well this season and I look forward to coming your way!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Shame I missed that one as I've not seen them win at Fratton, mainly because we are rarely in the same division.

Only caught what they showed on the Football League Show which was about 20 seconds. Did listen to last hour on the radio and is was a bit nervy in the last 10 mins with all the free kicks and corners we conceded.

Thought we had blown it at the end. Away at Cardiff mid week which will be a tough one.
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:07 am

spudski wrote:

That's what I was thinking.

Well not exactly - I was thinking things like:

"Hang on a cotton-pickin' minute - has fabio forsaken the Rovers?", and "Is this 'Goodnight fabio' who is no longer 'Proud to be a Gashead'?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:30 am

[quote="spudski"]I said both of you will do well this season.

I also said my lot will be relegation fodder, along with a poor Leeds, who imho flattered to deceive last season. "So far i'm being proved right.
"

quote]

ah shuddup about leeds spud.Laughing one swallow and all that. to be fair they didnt have much luck at the weekend and apparently they were on top until they went down to nine men.completely different to the crap they put out at southampton.

they have injury problems - they wont go down but they will of course be promoted to the PL. obviously because we are leeds!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:34 am

all sing together having joined arms:-

"we are leeds,we are leeds,we are shite....."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:39 am

affraid COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Back to top Go down
http://oldsubbuteo.heavenforum.com
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:52 am

SEVENTEEN WINS from the last NINETEEN MATCHES!
Incredible. Lovin' the much talked about MOMENTUM!

santa
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 am

ESSGEE wrote:
SEVENTEEN WINS from the last NINETEEN MATCHES!
Incredible. Lovin' the much talked about MOMENTUM!

santa

You've certainly started better than last year. Unbelievable result. I know you get some big scoring games at the beginning of the season but not often you get five away from home. So thats it Steve promotion is now a certainty Laughing
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:03 am

pale

Gulp! Don't say the 'P' word, Gully.

Gotta keep these boys injury free for 9 months, or dip into the transfer market.

Tough one for Albion tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 pm

We've already got Will Buckley out for a month and Lua Lua is still struggling. Poyet is looking to get another 4 players in. You need big squads of quality players.

Yes, Cardiff will be a big test for us tonight and Blackpool at home on saturday.

Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:37 pm

fingers wrote:
spudski wrote:

That's what I was thinking.

Well not exactly - I was thinking things like:

"Hang on a cotton-pickin' minute - has fabio forsaken the Rovers?", and "Is this 'Goodnight fabio' who is no longer 'Proud to be a Gashead'?" Laughing

It was a good night out to be honest Fingers.

The football was ok in parts, the atmosphere good, but the best part for me was being able to rock up to a turnstile, pay in cash and watch stood up on a terrace leaning against a bar. Proper football viewing. Fabio really enjoyed it, as did Ivan. Which was cool...all though he was confused as to why all the fans had six fingers:shock: Laughing

And Jonners... wake up bud...you know deep down you're doomed like my lot;) Laughing
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:41 pm

leeds 4 v 1 hull

here we go!EPL next season for sure!!

leicester city v Bristol city tonight eh?

reckon city will get a few for sure
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:45 pm

3-0 to the Fox's mate...

I've actually got a bet on that BCFC won't win a game from their first 6. We are seriously crap.

Good result for you mate.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:49 pm

yeah leeds to up for sure now ian.

apparently we are signin nasri before thw window closes.

also bates is set to get a game in order to try and save money on wages
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:40 pm

spudski wrote:

The football was ok in parts, the atmosphere good, but the best part for me was being able to rock up to a turnstile, pay in cash and watch stood up on a terrace leaning against a bar. Proper football viewing. Fabio really enjoyed it, as did Ivan. Which was cool...all though he was confused as to why all the fans had six fingers:shock: Laughing

Sounds great! old style footie, with beer and pies... Very Happy
How did Rosalinda find the experience?? Question
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 am

fingers wrote:
spudski wrote:

Sounds great! old style footie, with beer and pies... Very Happy
How did Rosalinda find the experience?? Question

Proper Cornish pasties;)

Rosalinda put on a brave face. I think she was more entertained by some of the 'fans' at the ground. Some seriously scarey looking people down there...especially the women...all grunts and knuckle draggers. Most bemused:lol:
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:56 am

[quote="spudski"]3-0 to the Fox's mate...

I've actually got a bet on that BCFC won't win a game from their first 6. We are seriously crap.

quote]

come on ian cheer up - i am sure they will do better thsi season than you suggest.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 am

Well i'm losing my bet at the moment...We're 1 nil up:shock:
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 am

Crackin' start for Brighton too!
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:37 am

Maynard just missed a penalty...we could have been 2 up:shock: Fox's fans booing:lol:
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:38 am

They have good reason to boo!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:39 am

NA revealed the other day that Saints are not after Maynard, and never have been, BTW.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:48 am

Cool...Think Sven might up his bid though:roll:

Crazy League...
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 am

Crackin' result, Gully!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 am

Exceeded all my expectations. Thought a draw would be a great result. We must be both in dreamland Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP   SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP Empty

Back to top Go down

SOUTH COAST STILL ON TOP
Page 1 of 1