South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opinions please...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I've had this team from my early days of collecting. Found it again whilst having a rummage yesterday. The Green is definately not what i would call 'Subbuteo Green', but i know SSG used a darker Green in the 200 series.

Tbh... I can't remember where i got it from, and i don't own another one to compare it with.

Any thoughts guys?

As a side note...the 'Subbuteo Green' is on the GK in the background, so you can clearly see the difference. I really am at a quandery with this one... Neutral

Opinions please... 001-72

Opinions please... 002-76

Opinions please... 003-71
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:00 am

mmm not sure on the green.
here are my two by comparison which i am confident are not repaints

Opinions please... 261_bl10
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:01 am

second one different base combo

Opinions please... 261_bl11
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 am

mind you is it a ref that someone would repaint from a 47?i mean its hardly rare
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:06 am

That's true Jon... I never thought of that. The shirts are not yellow either... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:26 am

The bases look very like those that are commonly found on HW47s.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:30 am

I agree Ian.

What about the 'Green'? A possibility or definate no no?

Shame if it is a repainted ref 47...most likely tbh Rolling Eyes Why spoil a nice team...Grrr
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:49 am

Don't have any HW with that precise shade of green, so I'm with the theory of it being a repainted HW47 Sad
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:01 am

I've been looking at this team again today...still scratching my head scratch

Would a ref 47 not have had blue sock tops?...I've never seen one without.
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 am

One of the guys looks like he's got white paint in his eyes ...... where did he get that from?? Rolling Eyes It forms no part of the kit.

Plus, his socks - and the socks of a few others - look like overpaints.

Not that I haven't seen this before (the 'Oxford' team that I have looks like this. I view it as repainted; the previous owner is convinced it was overpainted by SSG).
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:06 am

Hi mate... I've scratched off some paint on the sock roll area using a scalpel. There's no overpaint, as you can see.
The white is his eyes isn't paint...just some muck...dunno what though Laughing

Would you mind if i sent it to you to have a look as it intrigues me. I've found a couple of teams you need, so can put it in with them. If you remember i picked up a 'Glentoran' team a while back, that looked like an overpainted ref 65. The green on the shirt stripe was the same colour as this.
Another team sold on ebay last month, that was described as a 'Special', can't remember what it was though...but it went for good money. It also had this colour Green in a single vertical stripe on the shirt. I think from memory it was a German team....maybe wrong.

Opinions please... 002-1

Opinions please... 001-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please...   Opinions please... Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions please...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South England Lionhearts :: SUBBUTEO COLLECTORS :: Collectors Talk-
Jump to: