South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

West Ham named Box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
akumulator

akumulator

West Ham named Box Empty
PostSubject: West Ham named Box   West Ham named Box EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:30 pm

picked up the top box today - even though it contained a zombie 209 -

West Ham named Box 0d39255b

when i compared it to my other box containing my HW 209, noticed that both have a hand written 7 in the ref circle - when i got the first assumed that it was just done my the purchaser incorrectly id'ing the team

seeing two the same got me thinking - did they all leave SSG HQ like this - anyone else got the named box - either with or without the incorrect ref in the circle?
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

West Ham named Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Ham named Box   West Ham named Box EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 pm

The SSG reps either wrote the ref number in the circle or it was sometimes done by the shop keeper. The labels are SSG mate.

I presume the tear where the price sticker was, ends at the label and not under it?
Back to top Go down
akumulator

akumulator

West Ham named Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Ham named Box   West Ham named Box EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:18 am

Ian

the tear does indeed end where the sticker start

strange that the reps or the shop keeper seem so consistent with putting a 7 in the circle instead of a 209

could it be that 209 had not been allocated to the Chevron strip when this kit first came out,m so the shop keeper would just put a 7 on the box and store them with the genuine 7's
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

West Ham named Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Ham named Box   West Ham named Box EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 am

Mate...The ref circle may have been left empty and later filled in by a child or collector.

Ref 7 was still painted up until 1981 so those box's may have never held a ref 209.

Most named ref 209's i've seen have been stamped box's with 'New West Ham' stamped on them.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

West Ham named Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Ham named Box   West Ham named Box EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:05 pm

i have seen sticker named and stamped named although i tend to think the stamped named was for the longbox
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
Sponsored content

West Ham named Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: West Ham named Box   West Ham named Box Empty

Back to top Go down

West Ham named Box
Page 1 of 1