South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'?? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'??   Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'?? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:06 am

Someone seems to be throwing HW94s (and HW97s) at "I Prefer A Flan" after the manner of Laurel and Hardy's custard pie fight in 'The Battle of the Century.'

Here's the latest 'flan' .....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-H-W-Subbuteo-Sampdoria-Italy-Serie-A-Ref-94-/160642902425

Interesting to note the description: "These are in near perfect condition with no repairs, numbers or breaks."

Fair enough about the "no repairs, numbers of breaks" – but it looks as if someone has 'skinned' most of their legs!!

"Near perfect"??? No
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'??   Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Laughable that people fall for this crap mate. I just don't get it. It's not rocket science is it.
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'??   Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

spudski wrote:
Laughable that people fall for this crap mate. I just don't get it. It's not rocket science is it.

Certainly not.

If guys who have reasonable experience in HW collecting can't spot these, I despair at the thought of what else is going to end up in their collection.

It's just too easy to take a HW10, flick a little red at it, and come up with this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-H-W-Subbuteo-River-Plate-Ref-59-RARE-BASES-/160649485154

(Not the first one I've seen coming from this quarter).

Then we get fed the tosh about the "even rarer still" bases, etc.... affraid
Back to top Go down
RebelS

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'??   Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'?? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 pm

This is an old "friend" QPR is it not ?

Deary me he has turned to the dark side

Cheers

Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'??   Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a Rerun of 'The Battle of the Century'??
Page 1 of 1