South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subbuteo Related Aquila.

Go down 
+3
Gullseye
spurs1975
spudski
7 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Empty
PostSubject: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:08 am

Some of a few pics i've saved on my computer. Thought i would share...

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Aquilafront

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Aquilaback

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Aquila2

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Aquila1

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Aquilastr3

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Aquilastr2

Subbuteo Related Aquila. Aquilastr1

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0088

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0087

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0082

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0076

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0077

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0079

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0081

Subbuteo Related Aquila. IMG_0075
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:22 am

great stuff Ian, am i right in saying peter at subbuteoworld has this set ?

or did i miss read this from one of your other posts
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:26 am

I don't think he owns it mate. I know Mark Adolph does, perhaps he let Peter see and photograph it. Unless Mark has sold it of course.

The playing figures look rather good to me, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 am

yes they are nice,to be honest you can see why waddingtons felt threatened by this game
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 am

Yes...but i'm really not sure about the giant on a spring.Shocked Zebedee the tall Brazilian Striker...Laughing

Here's a freaky one for you mate. One of the Italian lads has noticed that most of the pictures on the front of Subbuteo Boxsets ( PA's era ) show a player wearing the number 3...even the Aquila set has it. Perhaps PA had a lucky number?
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:56 am

Nice to see this Spud. I've read about it but never seen any of the sets, am I right in saying that it did not have a wide distribution.

The figures look really stylish. The super striker is interesting but would imagine it was difficult to use. Getting the ball that high and timing a header. Have you seen it in action ?
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 am

Laughing but it would be good to see how they played ,with how much of a genius peter was they were more than likely brilliant

good detective work by your italian friend 100% correct , it must have some reason to it ,maybe mark adolph could shed some light
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:21 am

It was never put into production lads. Just prototypes and 30 odd teams painted up. Apparantly 'Zebedee' was Mark Adolphs idea. He has said it played well. Never seen it myself though.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:35 am

Shame, I think I read that they had difficulty getting anyone interested in stocking it. I wonder if Mark has any spare sets. Wink
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 am

I think he has one set mate.
Back to top Go down
Felsner

Felsner

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:01 am

Seen on oldsubbuteo forum, Ian. Great pics of great stuff.
If memory serves me, Ian, I seem to remember that Mark had kept a dozen sample boxes of the game, assembled for demonstrative purpose, that gone lost (stolen ?) during one of his moves.
I did not remember the story of the teams and it would be nice to see 'em.......
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:12 am

Yes... I put a link on the Italian forum of this thread. I thought you would like it mate.Cool

I remember seeing pictures of the team box's somewhere too. Will have to fish about.
Back to top Go down
newgolddream

newgolddream

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Absolutely fascinating - thanks heaps for sharing this Spudski.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 pm

No worries mate.
Back to top Go down
RebelS

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Nice post Spud.

Just wondered if anyone had invited Mark A over here.

Would be good I think, the history is the best bit for me
Cheers

Andy
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Maybe Jon could invite him along to the Maidenhead event. Daniel Tatarski made the last one, and he went relatively un approached.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:34 am

I don't know whether anyone else has picked up on the Accessories available that Peter had planned.

From reading the material it seems there was another set of figures you could buy and have painted. From the illustration it implies and older style figure with longer shorts. Described as an 'Oldtime Team'....I wonder what these would of looked like?

Then there was a 'Defensive wall'...Something Subbuteo imho should have made.

The 'Springy Striker' was also allowed to be incorperated at any time and as many as you liked:shock: Can you imagine an 18 yard box full of them...nuts.

Seems PA was definately thinking money spinner with the accessories.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 am

Had a moment of Genius:shock: Laughing

5 players stuck in a plastic edge binder cut to size. Hey Presto an automatic wall. SSG could have sold something like this in all ref numbers. Money spinner. Kerching...Laughing Whadya reckon?

Subbuteo Related Aquila. 003-22

Subbuteo Related Aquila. 004-21
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:09 am

good idea mate

you should paint some up and sell them , might boost the ski fund quicker:lol:
Back to top Go down
twintastic

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:02 am

Hi Spudski,

As per one of your messages, I have a couple of complete packed Old Timers teams, some Animated Strikers (on a spring base) and a few packed extra teams for the Aquila game. I also have one complete box of the Aquila game.

There are only two fully boxed games in existance and the extras are unique, only these were ever produced.

If you would like to see photographs or would like any information, please let me know.

We will be selling some of the items but they are very hard to value as they are the only ones in existance!!

The provenance is very good. The items were given to my father by Mark Adolph. My father was a long term friend of Peter's who helped Mark after Peter sadly died.

Mel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Related Aquila.   Subbuteo Related Aquila. Empty

Back to top Go down

Subbuteo Related Aquila.
Page 1 of 1