South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pointless football express

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

pointless football express Empty
PostSubject: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 pm

this is an example of the absolute joke footy express teams that appear on ebay.
would you buy a footy express team with standard hw players in it? ie,not moulded?
complete joke - and it will probably go for mpre than a c100 ref 7 team!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HW-Subbuteo-Football-Express-Team-West-Ham-Set-E300-/160592861685?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Subbuteo_SM&hash=item25641499f5
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:15 pm

It was more common to find Mouldeds Jon, but they did sell Footy express teams with HW's in. I remember buying some like this as a kid from Sportscene in Bristol. In fact i prefered them as i didn't like the white boots at the time.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:33 pm

i am sure that is the case.
sorry what i was getting at is why on earth would anyone now buy a chw footy express set when any tom dick or harry could simply remove the standard red or blue moulded and stick some chw's in them!?
i certainly wouldnt buy them.

i am fortunate to have celtic,man city,liverpool with brown boots,liverpool with white boots,arsenal and chelsea but these are all mouldeds.

to be honest even refs1,2 and 154 are hardly convincing as genuine express teams if you buy them for the same reason as with chw's
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:00 pm

I see what you mean now. Getting the box with ref number with Mouldeds would be more preferable for the collector.

I remember seeing a few Cork Celtic flying about in footy express box's making a hefty sum on ebay. Don't know what all that was about...
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:00 am

spudski wrote:
I remember seeing a few Cork Celtic flying about in footy express box's making a hefty sum on ebay. Don't know what all that was about...

Three of these appeared close to one another - I once picked a Cork Celtic 5-a-side team up as one of two teams with a Football Express set.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:39 am

Were they Moulded's or HW's Ian? And did they have a ref number on them? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:54 am

All HWs ... no reference numbers on the ones I bagged.

But then ... I've never actually had a team with a genuine reference "71" on the box - the only one I have is on the large Shop Display Sad
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:59 am

In another batch of Football Express teams (the more modern flap over boxes), I found a set of HW99s and a set of HW106s Shocked

Don't know if that's how they had been sold - but that's certainly how I received them, and the seller didn't at all seem to be knowledgeable about Subbuteo.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:28 am

Last edited by ralphtheclaret on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:28 am

Heavyweight021 wrote:
All HWs ... no reference numbers on the ones I bagged.

But then ... I've never actually had a team with a genuine reference "71" on the box - the only one I have is on the large Shop Display Sad

Ian,I have one I bought from mike peacock last year.will post later when back on the laptop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pointless football express   pointless football express Empty

Back to top Go down

pointless football express
Page 1 of 1