South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

subbuteoworld collectors fair

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spurs1975

spurs1975

subbuteoworld collectors fair  Empty
PostSubject: subbuteoworld collectors fair    subbuteoworld collectors fair  EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:28 am

chaps

we had chingford tournament and fair which went ok but the turnout was a little dissapointing .many thanks to all the guys who did come much appriciated.

anyway i was having a chat with mark from santiago and we got on the topic of the sheffield fair which i am considering selling at for the first time . are many of you planning on making the trip to sheffield as i have never been there before and was just curious really on the sort of numbers that attend this meet , im trying to find out as the journey for me is 3 hrs and would be a very early start
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: subbuteoworld collectors fair    subbuteoworld collectors fair  EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 pm

For selling imho, it's not worth the effort mate.

Great for meeting up with fellow enthusiasts, but that's about it tbh. Bit of a long trip too.
Back to top Go down
monocular

PostSubject: Re: subbuteoworld collectors fair    subbuteoworld collectors fair  EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm planning to go. I always enjoy it, it's great for meeting other folks in the hobby and having all those Subbuteo conversations that nobody else wants to have with me!

I actually thought the last one was possibly the best I'd been to - 3 or maybe 4 tables were taken by people who'd found a bunch of stuff in the loft and came to sell it. One sight that was particularly funny was a couple who turned up with a load of OHWs and looked shellshocked at the amount they took in a brief collectors feeding frenzy!

Some Italian collectors always turn up too - I think there were 4 or 5 at the last one.
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: subbuteoworld collectors fair    subbuteoworld collectors fair  EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:38 pm

thanks chaps

spud mate i appriciate your advise but i think i will make the trip and give it a go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: subbuteoworld collectors fair    subbuteoworld collectors fair  Empty

Back to top Go down

subbuteoworld collectors fair
Page 1 of 1