South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One for The Saints

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ralphtheclaret

One for The Saints Empty
PostSubject: One for The Saints   One for The Saints EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Yesterdays unbiased conclusion was that Southampton will probably be there or thereabouts..much better display from Burnley who got back to what we do best and bossed probably the first hour by playing some neat passing football on the deck..Saints got stronger as the game went on and did have enough late chances to win it so probably 1-1 left everyone reasonably happy.

The legendary bold headed Accrington ale can did well for Saints...Fox was the villain should have been sent off for a kick at Trippier..Cork was okay but largely anonymous and painfully slow as usual - I think if you bought a good centre forward ( not our highly overrated Rodriguez) you will be promoted.

ESSGEE

One for The Saints Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for The Saints   One for The Saints EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi Ralph.

Yep. Understand that Burnley were in charge for the most part, but Saints had good chances at the death to pinch it. As a Saints fan, pretty pleased with a draw at Turf Moor.

I believe we did try to find another top striker before the transfer window closed, but Cortese simply refuses to pay over the odds for anybody, pay inflated wages, or upset the team spirit with an equally inflated ego. Difficult task, finding a player that can do a decent job in the Premiership, but is willing to play in the Championship for less.

I think fans are starting to realise, even with money behind you, it's not like walking into a sweet shop and picking all your favourites regardless. Cash rich or not, I wouldn't pay £10 for a SNICKERS! And in football, sometimes the sweets aren't interested, even if you can afford them!

Charlie Austin seems to be firing now fit!

Thanks for the match analysis Smile
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

One for The Saints Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for The Saints   One for The Saints EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 pm

I don't understand the Rodriguez link I've known the lad for years - he played for the U15 town team with my eldest son...if I'd have been our chairman I would have snatched Saints hands off at the last offer Laughing
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

One for The Saints Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for The Saints   One for The Saints EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Not sure what to believe with regard to the Rodriguez story.

Adkins confirmed at the time, that Gorks ( QPR ) was a player they were interested in, but denied the rumoured links with strikers.

According to the press, Saints had gone back repeatedly with better offers for Maynard. It later transpired that they had NEVER been after him.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

One for The Saints Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for The Saints   One for The Saints EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:16 am

word here was a joint bid for Fox and Jay..then a couple of seperate bids for Jay - fee agreed but Jay refused the move which I believe to be true... Fox is okay but something of a hot head also like most modern fullbacks he is good going forward but not much good when defending
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

One for The Saints Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for The Saints   One for The Saints EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah, not so sure we have improved the team with the summer signings. Just added a bit more depth to the squad. Definitely need a good striker though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One for The Saints Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for The Saints   One for The Saints Empty

Back to top Go down

One for The Saints
Page 1 of 1