South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE RECORD for a HW Team

Go down 
+4
spudski
spurs1975
Takis
Heavyweight021
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

THE RECORD for a HW Team Empty
PostSubject: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 am

A couple of guys wanted this one badly:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300600172905

Wish I had thrown up my version at this kind of price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Takis

Takis

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:02 am

I take it you were watching this with great interest then, Ian? Wink
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:14 am

Shocked

truely amazing price , someone is going to be happy at the cardiff subbuteo club:king:
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:16 am

Typical...I was going to put mine on ebay this week. Bet it doesn't go for 1/5 of the price.Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 am

Takis wrote:
I take it you were watching this with great interest then, Ian? Wink

Not this time ... I have one in great nick - and this one wouldn't have been an improvement Wink

I reckon if anyone (inc Spudski) could be guaranteed this kind of money, they'd be photographing straight away.

It's surely guaranteed that the next one wont' reach anything close to this price.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:40 am

In theory, looking at the bidding pattern another one could go up to £300 ish.

It's pure luck and timing with Ebay. I sold a World Cup Edition this week, but didn't include Europe as the P&P was extortionate. I received numerous emails saying they would have paid 3x's what i got rid of it for. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 am

I forgot to mention...I'm not up to date with Ebay prices, but i know of HW teams that have been sold for more than £600 amongst private collectors. I won't divulge their names though for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 am

I just don't get it?

Is collecting an addiction of sorts?

I wouldn't pay 50p!
Back to top Go down
odoiporos

odoiporos

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:20 pm

The price is out of this world and still its not the rarest team!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:19 am

ESSGEE wrote:
I just don't get it?

Is collecting an addiction of sorts?

Yes I'm afraid it is and all sense of reality goes out of the window. The laughable thing is that in the hey day of HW's all of the teams that are now considered rare are only rare because nobody wanted them. The old gold Wolves team is a classic example, nobody wanted it because it was nothing like the colour of the real kit. They are now desirable because there are limited numbers of them and you would have something that not every collector could get. Collecting is a strange pastime I think it has something to do with us all wanting to be individuals and our collections give us a sense of well-being.

I expect the buyer is feeling great about his recent capture. If I paid that, for which is one of the most uninteresting kits you could think of, I would be looking to check in for some urgent therapy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Takis

Takis

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:32 am

spudski wrote:
It's pure luck and timing with Ebay. I sold a World Cup Edition this week, but didn't include Europe as the P&P was extortionate. I received numerous emails saying they would have paid 3x's what i got rid of it for. Rolling Eyes

Indeed!

I' m not sure where you got a postage quote from, Ian, but I had a set, of similar size and weight, delivered to Cyprus by Parcelforce for approximately £40. It may sound a lot but a bidder from Europe should consider this part of the final price and take it into account when bidding, thereby knowing how much he is prepared to spend. I believe that, even with that much postage, it would have reached a higher price, had it been available to European bidders. Cool
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:51 am

Yes... I was quoted £45 postage Taki...Never mind, You live and learn so they say:D
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:26 am

Laughing

Yep, each to his own I suppose, Gully.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:32 am

Steve...I reckon you're better off investing in Subbuteo and similar these days, than sticking it in a savings account imho. At least you get some enjoyment from it.Wink
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:48 am

Within hours of this ref 124 making such good money, a well known repainter posted up an auction of the same ref, but a horrible repaint.Mad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-REF-124-WACKER-INNSBRUCK-SUBBUTEO-H-W-TEAM-Original-sticker-Box-/250899220337?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Subbuteo_SM&hash=item3a6ac24771

The Green paint is wrong...not acid enough. Typical Humbrol from the pot job. This was most likely a ref 154 to start with and rebased. Anyone buying this should look for glue around the feet and bar coming away or reglued, and marks on the disc. All points worth looking out for. As for the printed ref number and hilarious effort at trying to age a name label...need i say more.Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
adrianf

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:02 am

Just sent him this message via ebay

"Have You No Shame?

I have been a collector for 20 years and in that time, I have come across a number of selfish and dishonest people but I have to say, you really top the list. Your repaints are truly awful and your attempts to age freshly printed labels with tea are pitiful. The pattern you follow is to watch for genuine and rare teams going through then you get the humbrols out, paint up a few players and put it onto ebay to make a quick and cheap buck. I relaise you will have no sense of guilt, people like you never do, but at some point in life, I am sure it will come around full circle. And dont give me any guff about all your positive feedback, where greed exists there will always be fools who will part with their money."
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:30 am

the sad thing is this will sell to someone for good money and they will be none the wiser to what they have bought
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 am

Good effort...I hate repainters...but in all honesty, i do wish collectors who shell out serious money, would do some research before doing so. It's so easy to spot these, yet people keep bidding... I just don't get it...Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 pm

spudski wrote:
Steve...I reckon you're better off investing in Subbuteo and similar these days, than sticking it in a savings account imho. At least you get some enjoyment from it.Wink

I think you are right Ian, with interest rates so low you only need a small increase in value to beat what is on offer. However its easy to get carried away and the golden rule when investing in anything is not to over pay. I think the buyer will have to wait a long time for anyone to pay more than £600 for that team. The cricket box sets look great value at the moment, I can see a good return on those as there is no LW / HW collecting era to divide interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE RECORD for a HW Team   THE RECORD for a HW Team Empty

Back to top Go down

THE RECORD for a HW Team
Page 1 of 1