South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open

Go down 
+3
Heavyweight021
spudski
ESSGEE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open Empty
PostSubject: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:36 am

The NEW Board Beach Soccer Arena is almost finished!

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open Img_2610

Last edited by ESSGEE on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:39 am

Taking a lot longer than I thought, because I can't resist the temptation to stop and have a little flick now and then ( who am I kiddin' - often! )

sunny
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:37 pm

That's really cool mate. What have you used as the playing surface?
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Looks superb!

Love the goals - and the lighting - in fact, everything about it!!

Well done!!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 pm

That looks smashing Steve. You should go into production I can imagine a few of us wanting one of those. Cool
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:13 am

look fab Steve. Are you taking up the beach soccer again due to the lack of games at Wycombe?
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks, ALL!

Spud ...

The playing surface is display felt. I have combed it with a nail brush, which slows the action and also makes it a bit more unruly, not unlike playing football on sand. Most of the time the action is 'true' but every now and then it doesn't quite roll as it should. Not sure if it is something I should tweak by pressing the surface, or whether I will grow to like it, as it makes the playing experience a bit more authentic.

The edging is real sand ( mixed with PVA glue ), and then sealed with a thin emulsion to match the playing surface.

The lines have been done with a soft pastel and fixed with a fixative spray.

Have made BASECURL and QUIKFINGER adverts for the surrounds to promote the two main championships. Bit of a surfy pinch, I know. These have been designed and printed in photoshop, then fixed with a fixative spray before sticking. When dry, the surround has been finished in a high gloss varnish to protect it.

Will have some more pictures soon :-)
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 am

Puffin wrote:
look fab Steve. Are you taking up the beach soccer again due to the lack of games at Wycombe?

Just thought I would have a bit of solo fun with it primarily, Adam. But it's kinda taking on a life of it's own.

Intended it to be a replacement for the loss of action at Wycombe, but I have still been getting a game in here and there where I can.

Went over to the West London TFC the other Sunday and had four good games there, and off to the National Championships on Sunday to play in the Sunday Division. More interested in watching the best players in action to be honest. I think I am going to be playing Allan Cooke from the Worcester League. Although I see he is no longer playing with you lads. What's the story?
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 am

Gullseye wrote:
That looks smashing Steve. You should go into production I can imagine a few of us wanting one of those. Cool

They're pretty easy to do, Gully. Although, each time I make one, I think of another tweak that might make it even better.

Actually contemplating some kind of 'velvet' for the playing surface? Think it might play a bit slicker? Not sure?

I think I can feel another 3 ARENAS, and an 8 PLAYER TOURNAMENT coming on. Website is already in the making.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:16 am

ESSGEE wrote:
I think I am going to be playing Allan Cooke from the Worcester League. Although I see he is no longer playing with you lads. What's the story?

You'll have a good game against Allan, he's a great player. With regards to our league, I'm not too sure really. He has quite a lot on which conflicted with the nights we play on. also travel costs were starting to get quite high for him. Say hello to him from me tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 am

SAND SIRO finished!

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open Img_2611
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 am

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open Img_2612
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 am

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open Img_2613
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:46 am

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open Img_2614
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Great photo's ESGEE but where is the action ! Love the shot behind the goal, when you use a low camera angle you can get some stunning pics.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Have the bases and international stickers for the disks. Just need to get some figures painted up ...

Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy, Germany, Holland, Portugal and Spain

Shouldn't take that long, as only have to do the shirt and shorts ;-)

I'll then get some photos and video action up :-)

Last edited by ESSGEE on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Perhaps even a ROY OF THE ROVERS style comic strip?

Might have to come to you for a good plot / story line though.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:25 am

ESSGEE wrote:
Have the bases and international stickers for the discs. Just need to get some figures painted up ...

I'll then get some action shots and video action up :-)

You'll have to borrow the Crazy Crystals team off of Maria. Would look fab on that pitch!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:41 am

ESSGEE wrote:
Perhaps even a ROY OF THE ROVERS style comic strip?

Might have to come to you for a good plot / story line though.

Laughing

Would be good to see Roy and the boys in the arena. I could post them off to you with the storyline. Laughing

Looking forward to seeing your teams.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:22 am

Are you going to paint the figures bare foot Steve?

Tremendous effort mate. Looks great. Looking forward to seeing more.Cool
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:44 am

Yes, Ian - Barefootin' figures!
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:44 am

Yes, Gully - Gotta have Rovers feature!
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:08 am

Puffin wrote:
ESSGEE wrote:
Have the bases and international stickers for the discs. Just need to get some figures painted up ...

I'll then get some action shots and video action up :-)

You'll have to borrow the Crazy Crystals team off of Maria. Would look fab on that pitch!

Yes Adam, I reckon some cheerleaders would go down a treat, if you'll excuse the innuendo!

Wink
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:33 am

OK ... Looking for 8 guinea pigs to play in a 'Board Beach Soccer' event.

No dates yet, just seeing if there is any interest.

There will be no entry fee.

Action will take place at http://www.courthill.org.uk/
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 pm

OK ... Promising response so far ...
Me
Gerald Brightwell
Mark Smith
Possibly Bill Whitehouse
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Now FIVE.
Cool
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 pm

SIX
Happy Days!
:-)
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 am

count me in steve dependent on when of course
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 am

Great, JR! Nice one.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:47 am

Interested so far ...
Me
Mark Smith
Gerald
John Ellis
Bill Whitehouse
Adam D
Adam L
Jon Rosten
Back to top Go down
ute ubo

ute ubo

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 am

Im in mate ALTHOUGH I may have to blagg a lift off BiLL ?????

lIFES A BEACH !!!

uTE
Back to top Go down
http://www.marshalllaw.co.uk
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:24 am

Great, Ute.
That makes 9 so far :-)
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 am

TEN Interested so far ...

Me
Mark Smith
Gerald
John Ellis
Bill Whitehouse
Adam D
Adam L
Jon Rosten
Chris Mendham
Ute
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks for the support, DUDES.

Will complete all the ARENAS and then update.

Will then see what dates you all have available. It's going to be a lot of fun, and I have some memorabilia ideas to celebrate the very first event.

Constructing a website to support the event/s.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 pm

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open 6245810

New COTTON VELVET surface for upcoming event. Brilliant for smooth long play AND CURLING. Infact, it is the best curling surface I have played on.

Another 3 ARENAS on the way!
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:07 pm

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open P9050011
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:09 pm

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open P9050012

MATCHU PITCHU, The Sandes

Laughing
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Match balls will be yellow and blue, but torn between 18mm and 22mm.

The small ball is aesthetically perfect, and it looks spectacular when goals are scored, but if your touch is just slightly heavy, the retro base ridge will send it a fair distance.

Perhaps bigger ball for retro bases and smaller ball for modern bases?

Much prefer the whiter sands.
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:17 pm

looking good steve Smile
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open P9070010

Possibly 12 interested in the QUIKFINGER Championships. If anybody else is interested in having some BOARD BEACH SOCCER FUN ( no fixed date yet ) please let me know. Knowing how many are interested in a little RUSSIAN ROULETTE contain and counter, end to end action will help me to put together enough ARENAS for the day.

Then I will contact everybody to see what dates they have available within a month window.

sunny
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Puffin wrote:
looking good steve Smile

Thanks, Adam. Having a lot of fun putting these together, AND HAVING A FLICK AS I GO!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:18 am

Forgot to ask you about this on Sunday, any further plans for a tournie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open   BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open Empty

Back to top Go down

BOARD BEACH SOCCER Open
Page 1 of 1