South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Match of the Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Match of the Day   Match of the Day EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 3:44 am

In true 'Likely Lads' fashion I decided to avoid all results on Wednesday, and sat down to watch MOTD not knowing ANY SCORES.

Have to say, I will do this again, because it was so much more enjoyable not knowing what to expect. To be honest, I have really struggled to watch the program in recent years and find it stimulating, but this is definitely the way to go for me in the future.

Anybody else avoid scores before watching the highlights?

Maybe that's what has been missing, because I really remember Sportsnight with great fondness ( midweek League Cup action ), but perhaps it was not knowing the results before I saw the highlights that made it?
Back to top Go down
SFC-Chris

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match of the Day   Match of the Day EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:46 am

Agreed - it is much better watching it when you don't know the results. I find the problem for me otherwise though is there's too much poor punditry action and not enough actual highlights.

That problem is only magnified on MOTD2 when poor Colin Murray has to try and make 20 minutes of highlights last an hour.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match of the Day   Match of the Day EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:24 am

Have to say, I remember Danny Baker sneeking into the punditry box during the World Cup Finals, and it was a breath of fresh air. Reckon they should draft him in as a mainstay for the Euros!

I like that Italian guy that does the Champions League highlight show too. Seriously knows his stuff, unlike the usual chaps!
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match of the Day   Match of the Day EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:25 am

Gabriele Marcotti. Just googled it.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match of the Day   Match of the Day EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 am

That's another thread, I suppose.

Who would be in your punditry 'dream team' of three for the Euro Championships in the summer?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match of the Day   Match of the Day EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 am

ESSGEE wrote:
In true 'Likely Lads' fashion I decided to avoid all results on Wednesday, and sat down to watch MOTD not knowing ANY SCORES.

Have to say, I will do this again, because it was so much more enjoyable not knowing what to expect. To be honest, I have really struggled to watch the program in recent years and find it stimulating, but this is definitely the way to go for me in the future.

Anybody else avoid scores before watching the highlights?

Maybe that's what has been missing, because I really remember Sportsnight with great fondness ( midweek League Cup action ), but perhaps it was not knowing the results before I saw the highlights that made it?

I try to avoid hearing the results as it does make it more enjoyable. Don't suppose you bothered to watch the championship this week Laughing
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match of the Day   Match of the Day EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Match of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match of the Day   Match of the Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Match of the Day
Page 1 of 1