South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Subbuteo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

New Subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: New Subbuteo   New Subbuteo EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Given that New Subbuteo has been 'out there' for a while now, what do folk think of the relaunch? Out of ten, how do you rate the results (A to E ) effort ( 1 to 5 )?
With Adam Lundy highlighting the gameset's availability for £7 at Tesco, is the future bright or grim in your view?
Back to top Go down
ute ubo

ute ubo

New Subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Subbuteo   New Subbuteo EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 am

Out of ten.............4 !!! Steve I have expressed my dismay on the green forum many times. I have not found it in any of the Tescos etc in brum, J lewis is the ony outlet here. Plus I dont really like the new bases I prefer OS mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marshalllaw.co.uk
spurs1975

spurs1975

New Subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Subbuteo   New Subbuteo EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:43 am

3!!!

its crap steve and the way it was launched was a joke . how they reckon it will be a top 10 toy at xmas i dont know , tescos slashed the price on the stock they had so that proofs it is not selling . i went to tesco and they only had one set at £14.99 ,spoke to a memeber of staff who checked the stock on the computer showing they had no more on order and this was tesco flagship store for the country
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

New Subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Subbuteo   New Subbuteo EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:21 am

i'd probably say 4.5/10. I really like the idea of the rubber players that cannot be broken, but the hair styles on some of them are just awful! I really don't like the bases; the touch is just too heavy for me and I find it difficult to control/chip with them. The other bits from the box set are ok, goals are sturdy enough and the pitch is alright, an improvement compared to the Dream team stadium pitch but doesn't play as well as a baize or an astro. The idea of generic teams is a good one and I like the numbers on the back of the shirts, but I just don't see kids taking to it as much when the kits change every season. Poor marketing has pretty much let it down so far; if sales flop at xmas then it'll be the end of it in the shops
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

New Subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Subbuteo   New Subbuteo EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:33 am

It's disappointing, Gully. And you're right, it's purely down to marketing. We all know the beauty of the game, and kids that do get exposed to it, love it. They're just not delivering any message to the masses or getting the right kind of exposure.

I think the word of mouth has never been stronger with all the social media, but they are struggling to capture the imagination of key age groups.

It's such a shame.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

New Subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Subbuteo   New Subbuteo EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:33 am

Great win for Brighton today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Subbuteo   New Subbuteo Empty