South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers

Go down 
+8
Takis
fingers
MalteseFalcon
ESSGEE
forfoxsake
JohnCLU48
spurs1975
subbuteo forever 207
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
spurs1975

spurs1975

November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am

belated thanks to Dee Embarassed

i`m sorry i did not mention you in my previous post but your efforts on the cameras and making sure we all had our dinner is fully appriciated. I hope you are feeling much better tomorrow
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 am

Thanks for the feedback folks! Very Happy

However, what really made the day was everyone turning up!!
...and David making the food and Dee sorting the cameras!

Oh, and don't worry about the damage to the stadium Ray. The whole point of it is for people to play in it, and the occasional accident is expected. The 00-scale management team have a 'sinking fund' and supporting maintenance programme in place for these eventualities!! Laughing

Here are the results as they ended up being written down.
Some might be a bit wrong, so do let me know if you remember any of the scores being different! Embarassed

Fixtures

Round 1Jon R1v0Garry
John E0v0Fabio
Mark0v4Gerald
Fox Jim1v0Leeski
Ray 0v0Dave
Round 2Gerald3v0Ray
Leeski2v1Mark
Garry0v1John E
Fingers3v1Jon R
Fabio2v2Fox Jim
Round 3John E0v0Rev Jim
Fox Jim0v0Garry
Mark0v2Fabio
Dave0v2Gerald
Ray 2v1Leeski
Round 4Leeski0v3Dave
Fabio4v3Ray
Fingers2v2Fox Jim
Jon R0v1John E

Round 5Fox Jim3v0Rev Jim
Garry1v1Leeski
Jon R3v1Dave
Fingers0v1Gerald

Round 6Garry0v0Fabio
Dave 1v0John E
Gerald2v0Jon R
Leeski2v4Fingers

Round 7Fox Jim1v0Jon R
Dave 0v1Fingers
Leeski0v3Fabio
Gerald2v0Garry

Round 8John E0v4Fox Jim
Fabio1v3Gerald
Fingers1v0Jon R
Garry2v1Dave

Round 9Fingers0v1Fabio
Fox Jim2v1
Dave
John E1v0Gerald
Jon R2v0Leeski

Round 10Garry0v1Fingers
Leeski0v0John E
Fabio2v0Jon R
Gerald0v1Fox Jim

Last edited by fingers on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 am

...and if those results are correct, the table would look something like this!

Table

PlayerPldWDLFAPtsAve
Gerald9702173212.33
Fox Jim9630165
Fabio9
Fingers8
John E833235121.50
Jon R930671191.00
Ray41125841.00
Dave82157
Garry81343660.75
Leeski912661750.56
Rev Jim
Mark30031800.00

Last edited by fingers on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 am

Hear, hear!
The two D's were fantastic and gave the whole day that extra special touch Very Happy
Thank you very very much.
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 am

Good work Steve , couple of things that I've spotted , my game against Rev Jim was 3-0 and I conceded 4 goals in total 2 v yourself and 2 v Fab table only says 2 in the against column
Back to top Go down
Allwrighty

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 am

My keeper was brilliant , only letting in 6 all day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 am

forfoxsake wrote:
Good work Steve , couple of things that I've spotted , my game against Rev Jim was 3-0 and I conceded 4 goals in total 2 v yourself and 2 v Fab table only says 2 in the against column

Cheers Jim - all amended...
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 am

Allwrighty wrote:

He was actually! Played an absolute blinder against me in the ruins!
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:56 am

steve,what can i say?

that room is sheer heaven - i thought i had died and arrived there.

sheer magic.

and thanks for the day - very good of you to give up your house to us all.

jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
Allwrighty

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 am

fingers wrote:
Allwrighty wrote:

He was actually! Played an absolute blinder against me in the ruins!

He tells me you only had one shot on goal and that hit the corner flag cheers
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Allwrighty wrote:

He tells me you only had one shot on goal and that hit the corner flag cheers

Laughing Some of these keepers have such a short memory!
You sure he wasn't suffering from a head injury from a stray sniper after his game on 'No Man's Land'?

OK chaps, a few other corrections in the results and table - now updated.
Back to top Go down
smallaxe

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 am

Jim,

It was something special! Thank you again for bring along the ball chute.
I wished I had remembered that when I was playing Gerald!

Regarding Fabio. That was unreal 1-0 to Fabio, 1-1, then 1-2 to me,
then he pull he back again 2-2, then he went ahead 3-2. Then I pulled
it back 3-3. Only to beated on the sound of the horn 4-3!!!!

And the games against Wolves (Dave) a nice solid 0-0 draw, and finally
a win against Lee (Tottenham) was nice. I'm sure Lee will want to turn
that around the next time.

Please thank Dee for the excellent video production as well!

Great meeting all of you!! A truly great day.

All the very best
Ray
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 am

I forgot to say a big thank-you to all of you for making the collective donation to the charity FAABI! cheers

This charity supports people in London with an ABI (Acquired Brain Injury), by developing their skills and vocational opportunities. Website link below...with Subbuteo featuring on the homepage (naturally! Laughing)

http://www.faabi.org.uk/
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:51 am

smallaxe wrote:
Jim,

It was something special! Thank you again for bring along the ball chute.
I wished I had remembered that when I was playing Gerald!

Regarding Fabio. That was unreal 1-0 to Fabio, 1-1, then 1-2 to me,
then he pull he back again 2-2, then he went ahead 3-2. Then I pulled
it back 3-3. Only to beated on the sound of the horn 4-3!!!!

And the games against Wolves (Dave) a nice solid 0-0 draw, and finally
a win against Lee (Tottenham) was nice. I'm sure Lee will want to turn
that around the next time.

Please thank Dee for the excellent video production as well!

Great meeting all of you!! A truly great day.

All the very best
Ray

good to meet you Ray and Mark

remember to leave the modern bases at home next time Laughing
Back to top Go down
fabiobertola

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Beware, it's a long one, I know because I wrote it down in italian before, to better order my feelings...
First thing, a big big big thanks to Steve (and Dave!) for the help and support they gave me in this madness (as someone maybe could name it). But was not a madness at all: I know Steve from 5 years now (that's incredible: was right the 11th of November of 2007 when Finger did his madness coming to Italy for his first event here!) and from minute one I meet him I realized that he was a special one, and when Subbuteo is the matter (repeat with me Dee Soo-bboo-taeo! Very Happy ) he become a true special one. I was doubtless that this event would be unforgettable! But even if Finger builded and hosts the best Subbuteo stadium in the world, showes us his fantasy and his modelling skills with some beautiful themed pitches, opens his house to everyone willing to play (and Dave fills us up with delicious food!), well all this cannot work if those present have not the right attitude. Me and Steve talked about that the Sunday night: Old Subbuteo should be the right mix of rules, skills but most of all of the right attitude. Just one example: when Ray turned up with a flat base team, someone could point out that this is not allowed by the Old Subbuteo rules. But this would be unfair to Ray, because he didn't come to Finger house with those bases because more performing by any means, but maybe just because he likes them and didn't know but next time, as Lee wrote, he will. Sometimes the rules should be bented a little to the fact that these 20 minutes that we pass curved on the pitch should be a pleasant experience, not only a contest about who's the best. Hug each other and exult at a beautiful and incredible goal scored by your opponent, as Jim and Gerald did in the last match, that's Old Subbuteo!
And, let me say it, maybe reading at the outcomes of the Maidenhead tournaments of the past, it seems italians play it better, but we have a long way to go to understand from you englishmen what's the right attitude playing Subbuteo. So thank you guys for the wonderful and unforgettable experience we had Sunday at Finger home, and thank you to appoint me a Lionheart, as for me, that the day before at Twickenham thrilled singing God Save The Queen (by the way is it sacrilegious if you are not english?) and moved close to tears hearing Jerusalem singed by the crowd, is a great great honour.
And last but not least, thank you Dee for your support and graciously standing a bunch of mature men lost as Sunday was a day of their lost childhood, a day of 40 years ago.

And apoligize if sometimes I did not fully understand you speaking, I wish I could!
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

It was a disappointment for me, not making the day and the undoubted pleasure up for grabs, Fabio.
But equally so, missing the opportunity to once again shake hands with a classy Italian.
What a FABulous post!

cheers
Back to top Go down
smallaxe

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Truly sorry about the flats. I honestly thought you was talking about
the flat figures! Haha! I had West Ham away ready to play, but Mark changed
his mind about playing!

And well pleased that you have a damage control team Steve!
That crunch on my video - was not nice!

While I am here. I kept meaning to ask someone about decals.
Any good tips in the creation of them. I'm just after stripes and hoops
at the moment. Do not feel very confident about painting the above!

All the very best
Ray

Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:08 am

fabiobertola wrote:
Beware, it's a long one, I know because I wrote it down in italian before, to better order my feelings...
First thing, a big big big thanks to Steve (and Dave!) for the help and support they gave me in this madness (as someone maybe could name it). But was not a madness at all: I know Steve from 5 years now (that's incredible: was right the 11th of November of 2007 when Finger did his madness coming to Italy for his first event here!) and from minute one I meet him I realized that he was a special one, and when Subbuteo is the matter (repeat with me Dee Soo-bboo-taeo! Very Happy ) he become a true special one. I was doubtless that this event would be unforgettable! But even if Finger builded and hosts the best Subbuteo stadium in the world, showes us his fantasy and his modelling skills with some beautiful themed pitches, opens his house to everyone willing to play (and Dave fills us up with delicious food!), well all this cannot work if those present have not the right attitude. Me and Steve talked about that the Sunday night: Old Subbuteo should be the right mix of rules, skills but most of all of the right attitude. Just one example: when Ray turned up with a flat base team, someone could point out that this is not allowed by the Old Subbuteo rules. But this would be unfair to Ray, because he didn't come to Finger house with those bases because more performing by any means, but maybe just because he likes them and didn't know but next time, as Lee wrote, he will. Sometimes the rules should be bented a little to the fact that these 20 minutes that we pass curved on the pitch should be a pleasant experience, not only a contest about who's the best. Hug each other and exult at a beautiful and incredible goal scored by your opponent, as Jim and Gerald did in the last match, that's Old Subbuteo!
And, let me say it, maybe reading at the outcomes of the Maidenhead tournaments of the past, it seems italians play it better, but we have a long way to go to understand from you englishmen what's the right attitude playing Subbuteo. So thank you guys for the wonderful and unforgettable experience we had Sunday at Finger home, and thank you to appoint me a Lionheart, as for me, that the day before at Twickenham thrilled singing God Save The Queen (by the way is it sacrilegious if you are not english?) and moved close to tears hearing Jerusalem singed by the crowd, is a great great honour.
And last but not least, thank you Dee for your support and graciously standing a bunch of mature men lost as Sunday was a day of their lost childhood, a day of 40 years ago.

And apoligize if sometimes I did not fully understand you speaking, I wish I could!

A true Gentleman... cheers

Wish i could have been their to have enjoyed the day with you and the guys. Funnily enough, i could have come, but couldn't give a definate answer at the beginning of the week. Shame, i was gutted knowing you would have a great time...and i haven't seen you in ages mate.

I'm glad you had a great time at Twickers Fabio... you really are immersing yourself in English Culture. One day, we should go to Lords to watch the cricket Wink
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm

spud - you could have come anyway!

i mean one more wouldnt have been the end of the world - we just wanted to try and make things a little easier for steve with organising the day but you should have just come!

shame - well next lionhearts then is 2/12 - proposed
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 pm

fabiobertola wrote:
...was right the 11th of November of 2007 when Finger did his madness coming to Italy for his first event here!)

Well spotted Fabio! Shocked
It was very fitting that we celebrated my 5-year oldsubbuteo anniversary in the stadium with a match together.
...although not very fitting that you beat me 1-0! Laughing

And that day in 2007 was where I first met and played Roberto 'Teofilo Garagnas', who is now enshrined in the Subbuteo Cathedral in the 'Finger of God' picture!

He also beat me 1-0 on that day, so maybe our result was a perfect tribute after all!! cheers
Back to top Go down
JohnCLU48

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 am

Just relived the dream - watched my DVD of the Stadium of Fingers while having my lunch. Some great camera work at the end, capturing the cameramen just below the floodlight. Brilliant:cheers:
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:21 am

subbuteo forever 207 wrote:
spud - you could have come anyway!

i mean one more wouldnt have been the end of the world - we just wanted to try and make things a little easier for steve with organising the day but you should have just come!

shame - well next lionhearts then is 2/12 - proposed

Never mind mate... my loss. I do understand though.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 am

well maybe 2nd december for a flick then ian..........
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Unfortunately i already have something planned for that weekend mate, otherwise i'd have been all over it.

Then i'm off for the Ski Season in Canada until April...so hopefully when i get back.

Shame i miss Maidenhead again.
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 am

Fabio making the trestles on Sunday morning for 'Carpet Pitch'! Cool

November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 8193170075_9bd1daf703_z
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 am

Here's a few clips of the other pitches...

Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:19 am

Anyone else for december 2nd meet?
Blimey its only me and dell so far.
At this rate we shall have to cancel Sad
If we get four or less we can use my log cabin as the venue

Come on chaps.....
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 am

I'm happy to just come over for an afternoon for a few friendlies, Jon, if 'the pride' have overdosed at the Stade de Fingers.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:29 am

yep you're on. more than welcome should the others turn out to be LW's as opposed to us HW's!
Smile
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:05 am

Just seen Garry's coverage of the day in pictures - brilliant!

Love the pic where Jim's 'jumpers for goalposts' have been moved really wide without him knowing!! Laughing

http://www.eastangliasubbuteo.co.uk/news/pilgrimage-to-the-stadium-of-fingers/
The photo gallery is a link at the bottom of the page...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers    November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 11th meet at Stade De Fingers
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3