South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )

Go down 
+4
Wrightenberg
forfoxsake
ESSGEE
Gullseye
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gullseye

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) Empty
PostSubject: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:15 pm

First ever photo. Opening game Aston Villa v Sunderland SEE NEW TOPIC : PICTURE1.MORE PHOTO'S BELOW

Last edited by Gullseye on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 am

scratch
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:00 am

New South Terrace constructed which was later to be filled with a consignment of supporters from China.GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1010279eg
By gullseye at 2011-06-04
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:03 am

Here they are enjoying a win by Brighton over Southampton in the First Division 1982/3 solo league under the floodlights.GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1010378l
By gullseye at 2011-06-04
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:19 pm

bounce bounce cheers Fantastic work Steve , that last photo is amazing , I can hear the roar of the crowd from here Cool
Back to top Go down
Wrightenberg

Wrightenberg

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Great stadium.

Love that photo with the ball in the roof of the net. Looks like footage of the 'Big Match Live' in the early 80s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrightenberg.co.uk/
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:17 am

Glad you are enjoying these. Will post some more up soon.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:14 am

Referee!

Shocked

Not so sure that goal should have counted.
Central defender looks like he's taken one in the eye from a Seagull.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:41 am

ESSGEE wrote:
Referee!

Shocked

Not so sure that goal should have counted.
Central defender looks like he's taken one in the eye from a Seagull.

Same old Saints, always moaning Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 am

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 am

Some new views from the back of the stands.

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1010810v
By gullseye at 2011-08-10
GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1010813
GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1010748e
GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1010746o
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:32 am

gullseye

is that sandpaper around you pitch ?

im possibly completley wrong but that is what is looks like Embarassed

the reason for my question , i have finished my pitch as per another thread on here and i have a gap at each end of the table behind the goals i am not sure how to finish

lee
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:48 am

spurs1975 wrote:
gullseye

is that sandpaper around you pitch ?

im possibly completley wrong but that is what is looks like Embarassed

the reason for my question , i have finished my pitch as per another thread on here and i have a gap at each end of the table behind the goals i am not sure how to finish

lee
Lee, yes you are correct it is sandpaper. It was the best thing I could find that resembled the old tracks that ran around the pitches. Used some artists acrylic paint to paint it and glued it down with PVA. I think it works quite well and the paint binds the sand to the paper so it does not come off. Would probably look OK on your table
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Love the turnstiles, stairs and loos - keeps things looking nice and busy. Very Happy

The sandpaper will be useful as well, for sneakily removing excess polish on opponents players when they're not looking! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:10 am

That's what i thought fingers...scratched bases Doh!!!

Loving the turnstiles and developments Gully...looks fantastic. Keep up the good work. I enjoy these posts.Cool
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 am

You should always sand down first before you polish. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 am

Goldstone Lane now has an East Terrace. Painted a backdrop of the houses in Goldstone Lane from old photo's.

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1020558w

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1020556yu

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1020552y

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1020557
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 am

great work Gully cheers really brings the stadium to life
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:38 am

Gullseye wrote:
You should always sand down first before you polish. Very Happy

Skilled players don't need polish Wink
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 am

Beautiful job Steve , don't like the barriers myself but I suppose the League you're doing was from the "caged" era
What I would like to see is some photos of match action with your painted houses as the back drop , that would be good I reckon Cool
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:21 am

Yeah, will do some Jim. I'll post some up from Leicester's away game at Notts County which is in the next weeks fixtures.

Got 1000 standing fans waiting to be glued in on the ' Chicken run'. They have been 'painted' at some sweat shop in China, but believe it or not there were never many fans at Brighton wearing pink jackets and jeans. So I've got to get the brushes out.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:27 am

Laughing
Love the painted backdrop, Gully.
And Jim's right, a bit of match action under lights should make for some great shots!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:39 am

War Time at Goldstone Lane

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1020133qv

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) P1020132l
Back to top Go down
Takis

Takis

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Nice! cheers

They certainly look very authentic and the fact that they are standing makes them more realistic (not many seats in football grounds back then). Cool
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 pm

I like, Steve
Got a touch of Royal Ascot in 'My Fair Lady' about it, somehow. Must be the hats.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:05 pm

ESSGEE wrote:
I like, Steve
Got a touch of Royal Ascot in 'My Fair Lady' about it, somehow. Must be the hats.

Yes its the ladies hats, I wouldn't want to be standing behind one of them.
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:10 am

Shocked Quality figures Steve , brilliantly done Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )   GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely ) Empty

Back to top Go down

GOLDSTONE LANE (old and rusty but lovely )
Page 1 of 1