South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some Rare Teams...

Go down 
+2
Vikash
spudski
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:16 am

I was asked to look at these Teams by an Italian collector. There are some rare teams. I thought i would share, i'm sure he won't mind.

The Toronto in that box, it's the not the first time i've seen this. Another Italian friend of mine in Rome ( Alessandro ), has another HW team in a labeled box just like this. As i showed Jon at the last Lionhearts meet, the Italian Subbuteo Catalogue of 85/86 still shows photo's of HW's up to silly numbers...so it's all very feasable.

Here we go...any thoughts?

Some Rare Teams... A2

Some Rare Teams... A3

Some Rare Teams... A4

Some Rare Teams... A5

Some Rare Teams... A6

Some Rare Teams... A7

I've got all of these too, but half without Ref stickers Crying or Very sad Nice to see them with.

They all look good from the photos as far as i can tell.
Back to top Go down
Vikash

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Got a repaint of the Frem team Cool Love that kit! Most of my HW teams are repaints coz I like them done neat and not by some outworker who didnt give a rat's butt pirat
Back to top Go down
Wrightenberg

Wrightenberg

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:35 am

Vikash wrote:
Got a repaint of the Frem team

Me too, I painted one a few years ago for myself. I've never even seen a real 224 in the flesh. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrightenberg.co.uk/
spudski

spudski

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:08 am

I've got an original ref 224. Unfortunately it hasn't got the nice ref sticker like above. Just 'Blue and red team' written on the box. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Out of interest...Did any other Club apart from Frem play in Red and Blue horizontal stripes?

For the life of me, i can't understand a kid wanting to buy this team, apart from it looking nice. In saying that, that can be said of many Subbuteo Teams.

I have a ref 234...with Everton written on the box...they must have been desperate Laughing
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 am

[quote="spudski"]I've got an original ref 224. Unfortunately it hasn't got the nice ref sticker like above. Just 'Blue and red team' written on the box. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Out of interest...Did any other Club apart from Frem play in Red and Blue horizontal stripes?

For the life of me, i can't understand a kid wanting to buy this team, apart from it looking nice.

Thing is mate , teams such as that were often poor , sales wise , in my local Subbuteo shop teams no body had heard of were often placed in the bargain basket at half price , that's when they were bought by a few kids without much cash , and/ or by your old Nan , who saw them and thought "ooh Jimmy's into Subbuteo , I'll get him a team for his birthday "
Yep I got a ref 37 this way Shocked and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed at the time No
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 am

Laughing That's a classic mate. I wish my local shop had stocked so much. They had more Rovers and City than you could shake a stick at...and mostly common stuff as an alternative. Rolling Eyes Your shop sounds like Heaven. But like you say, as kids, we didn't want 'unknown' teams back then.

I admire Skelly for having the forthought to buy everything when he could as a kid. Wish i had.
Back to top Go down
Skell

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:17 am

spudski wrote:
Laughing That's a classic mate. I wish my local shop had stocked so much. They had more Rovers and City than you could shake a stick at...and mostly common stuff as an alternative. Rolling Eyes Your shop sounds like Heaven. But like you say, as kids, we didn't want 'unknown' teams back then.

I admire Skelly for having the forthought to buy everything when he could as a kid. Wish i had.

Cheers Ian,but i wish i had the foresight to buy a 212,224 and 234 which are sadly lacking from the Skellon hw collection Sad
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:44 pm

I used to buy from a shop in Coventry when visiting my Grandma..they had loads of teams at reduced prices biggest regret not buying the Sky Blue England team..I even opened the box to see what it was as it had England Away on the end..I didn't buy it as I already had a 43 and whatever ref the Cov admiral kit was...Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Rare Teams... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Rare Teams...   Some Rare Teams... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Rare Teams...
Page 1 of 1