South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crowd Crush Barriers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Crowd Crush Barriers Empty
PostSubject: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Terracing has arrived and I am distressing them two colours of concrete ...
Can't help but think they just need a little hit of red ...
I have a vague recollection of crowd crush barriers ( not the grey pen fencing ), you know, the type you used to lean on before all-seaters came along. Am I imagining it, or can you still get hold of them.
If not, I'll have to make some.
Back to top Go down
Allwrighty

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:27 pm

see some on ebay the other week, they do come up now and again
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks, Garry. I'll keep 'em peeled.
Didn't think they were a figment of my imagination.
Back to top Go down
Allwrighty

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Perhaps if anyone's going to Renishaw tomorrow they could keep a eye out for some
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:23 am

You'd be btter off making them with thick wire Steve.

The SSG ones were way too big.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:31 am

Good idea, Garry ...

You're probably right, Ian ...

I'm so flickin' impatient, I'll no doubt come up with some alternative to satisfy my craving!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 am

spudski wrote:
You'd be btter off making them with thick wire Steve.

The SSG ones were way too big.

Been looking for some to go on the new open terrace I've just made. Are they too big for the standing figures ? (WeHonest type) If they are I won't bother as they're not cheap to pick up. Not sure why SSG ever produced them when they only did seated supporters scratch
Back to top Go down
Allwrighty

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks for the tip, Garry! I'll bid for these. Desperate to add them to the terracing behind the goal. They'll be the perfect finishing touch.

Last edited by DELL of the SOUTH on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 am

Where do you get your standing figures from, Gully?
Back to top Go down
Allwrighty

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 am

DELL of the SOUTH wrote:
Where do you get your standing figures from, Gully?

ditto Smile
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 am

Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 am

Yes they are the ones I buy. Buy the 1000 at a time as the price is much cheaper. They can take quite a while to arrive sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 am

I was going to bid for those barriers but if you want them I won't bother. Spud seemed to think they were a bit out of scale.
Back to top Go down
Allwrighty

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 am

Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:33 am

The scale isn't a concern for me, Gully.
I just need to make the terracing a bit more interesting visually, as I plan to just have 2 grumpy fans on there bemoaning the Dell of the South performance on a weekly basis - much like the old boys in The Muppet Show!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 am

Allwrighty wrote:
these would be good for your beach pitches steve Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-pcs-Swimming-Figures-O-Gauge-1-50-Painted-People-T-/390170648713?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5ad7fba089

Yes, spotted these, and some naked ones.
Got very excited about them. In a non-sexual, hobby crafting sort of way, I hasten to add!

Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 am

I like those beach figures. Laughing

look forward to seeing the grumpy old men (with speech bubbles of course) Cool
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 am

Of course, Gully. Joe and I ( my lad ) have a kind of ROTR, Toy Story concept in mind, with a view to incorporating it with a Solo or Dice League. Stadium is rattling along!
Floodlights are next on the shopping list!

I love you
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 am

Gullseye wrote:
I was going to bid for those barriers but if you want them I won't bother. Spud seemed to think they were a bit out of scale.

Don't be put off, or refrain from bidding to be kind, Gully. Somebody else may outbid me. If you fancy them, go for it, my friend.
I'll cope. I'm a pretty stable fella.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:51 am

DELL of the SOUTH wrote:
Gullseye wrote:

Don't be put off, or refrain from bidding to be kind, Gully. Somebody else may outbid me. If you fancy them, go for it, my friend.
I'll cope. I'm a pretty stable fella.

Laughing

No I haven't bid. I was in two minds anyway as Spud had put me off. They would be no use to me if they did not match the scale of the standing figures. I also really prefer stuff boxed.

can't wait to see your ROTR style story. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 am

Thanks, Gully.

We're calling it DELL OF THE SOUTH instead of ROY OF THE ROVERS after the Solo team.
The figures ( like Toy Story ) will lead a double life when nobody is looking, except Joe will discover their parallel world and help to run their fun. The managers and fans will all be active too.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crowd Crush Barriers   Crowd Crush Barriers Empty

Back to top Go down

Crowd Crush Barriers
Page 1 of 1