South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roy of the Rovers

Go down 
+7
monocular
Gullseye
Heavyweight021
ESSGEE
subbuteo forever 207
spudski
PunkReaper
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gullseye

Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy of the Rovers   Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 pm

You have probably already looked but there is quite a lot of information on clubs in the player profiles on the RotR website. Teams that players made debuts against etc. Just takes an age sifting through.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Roy of the Rovers   Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:18 am

Berne County from the Midlands

Spanish Club San Selban...kit like River plate

One for puffin... Melchester played against a team of Robots, from France... I kid ye not. Looked like a team of tin men. Nice kit though. Similar to Udinese, but a big 'V' instead of a wide black stripe.
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: Roy of the Rovers   Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:56 am

ace! If you've got a pic mate any chanc eof a copy? I'll paint it up when I get a chance. So far I've done Melchester and Carford (which i'll be posting a pic of shortly). I've just had 5 RotR annuals arrive when I got home from work today - 81 - 85. Brilliant! Also had a Scorcher from 84.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Roy of the Rovers   Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:09 am

Sounds like you're going to have some great fun Ads...

Here you go mate...Don't know what colour it is though.

Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 003-6
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: Roy of the Rovers   Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:13 am

cheers dude. Tin men....love it! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
monocular

PostSubject: Re: Roy of the Rovers   Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:15 am

Well, it's a while since Gullseye said it, but I agree - give your league 4 divisions so you maximise promotions and relegations.

It's great to be playing towards a promotion, or trying to pull something out of the bag to avoid relegation - and by having 4 divisions you increase the amount of matches that are significant and exciting. And you also see more changes in the fortune of teams over time.
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Roy of the Rovers   Roy of the Rovers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 am

I have just snapped up 39 Tiger and Scorcher 'comics' from 1977 to 1980 from one of my local charity shops.
In the issue from January 1978 are the following teams...........
TOP OF DIV 1....
CASHFORD ATH.
STANPORT
CRANVILLE UTD
ROCHINGTON R

BOTTOM OF DIV 4....
WEYPORT UTD
BRANLIN R
WATSTOCK UTD
NEWLINGTON C
ALDERSLEY R
SWANFORD