South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subbuteo Trademark Sold

Go down 
+4
..claudio..
spudski
ralphtheclaret
ogi71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ogi71

ogi71

Subbuteo Trademark Sold Empty
PostSubject: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:33 am

Forgive me if this is old news, but evidently the Subbuteo trademark has
been sold by Hasbro to Netcam which belongs to Piero Capponi. I believe
he's the dude who's reponsible for Total Soccer. I guess that means we're surely gonna see
modern stuff with the Subbuteo trademark on again, not sure how
interested they are in old. But it's surely a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:22 pm

he is also FISTF president ?
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks for sharing that Ogi...have you any links, or is it just word of mouth as of the Subbuteo70 forum?
Back to top Go down
ogi71

ogi71

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:07 pm

no links yet Spud, I'll keep an eye out, fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
..claudio..

..claudio..

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:30 pm

first "cialtron" & open rumors here
http://oldsubbuteo.forumfree.it/?t=56110452

first "official" rumors here:
http://waspa-circuit.blogspot.com/2011/06/...pa-project.html

and yes,
Capponi is also FISTF president
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm

That last link reads like something from the G8 summit Rolling Eyes ...Thank God for Oldsubbuteo Claudio.
Back to top Go down
..claudio..

..claudio..

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 pm

spudski wrote:
That last link reads like something from the G8 summit
absolutely yes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ogi71

ogi71

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:34 am

FISTF are unfortunately total plonkers, I had a brief experience of their website, until I decided to voluntarily take my leave, they run it like a Nazi concentration camp, suspensions, warning, and public spankings for people who are too outspoken. Completely put me off the modern game.

When it became the property of a supplier they even banned people from posting pictures of their teams, talk about big brother.
Back to top Go down
ogi71

ogi71

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 am

I wonder how much they paid for the trademark? Are we about to see a landslide of new Subbuteo to try and recuperate the trademark cost? Seems like a big gamble to me.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 am

You are right about the Politics Ogi...it's like WW3 on their sites. I leave well alone. I'm so happy i found Oldsubbuteo. Without it, i would have walked away years ago.

I'd love to know the figures sold of the Leggenda teams. I know many Subbuteo collectors gave up buying them ages ago.

Unless the product is right, people are not going to buy it, just because it has Subbuteo on it.

With Topspin, Santiago and Replay about, i really don't think there is a need for it now.
Back to top Go down
ogi71

ogi71

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:13 am

Yes it's a pretty strange business decision imho. I'll be interested to see how he's gonna make back the money he paid for the trademark.
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 am

ogi71 wrote:
I'll be interested to see how he's gonna make back the money he paid for the trademark.

Any educated guesses as to how much that would be? cyclops
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 am

10's of thousands me thinks Ian.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 am

he might as well have gathered all his money together and flushed it down the nearest drain for all the good it will do
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:19 am

It does boggle the mind to think of what he can actually do with the franchise now.

The most obvious would be to commission a new raft of modern teams, and update them season by season - but will these sell any better than the recent Italian range?

I, for one, didn't bring a single La Legg.... team. Nor do I intend to.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 pm

My son bought a couple at Ely...for a much more reasonable than normal in rip-off Britain £10 each...they look okay until you actually get them out of the box and inspect the quality...many of the players have a poor fit betwen peg and base
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Can't say who told me this...so don't ask...but word on the street is that, it is alledged that Total soccer products will be rebranded in Britain as 'Subbuteo-Total Soccer' and that they will try to stop other people who use the Subbuteo name in their trading from using it.

I can see it getting quiet messy. They've bought quiet a few licences from football clubs to use their names. I should imagine they will try to stop others who haven't got licences...Zeugo comes to mind.

There in lies the problem. Licencing from Clubs to use their name. As a collector it's no good if you can't collect certain teams.

They must have money to waste or are dellusional imho.
Back to top Go down
ogi71

ogi71

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 pm

http://www.edicolafabbri.it/Forum/Discussione.aspx?discussione=2683

Sorry lads, it's all in Italian, but a brief summary of the key points is that they have rented the trademark for ten years and in about 2 weeks they are going to restart producing faithful HW teams again for €18 each. Let's wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:41 am

ogi71 wrote:
http://www.edicolafabbri.it/Forum/Discussione.aspx?discussione=2683

Sorry lads, it's all in Italian, but a brief summary of the key points is that they have rented the trademark for ten years and in about 2 weeks they are going to restart producing faithful HW teams again for €18 each. Let's wait and see...

Painted by an army of Delhi housewives maybe ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wrightenberg

Wrightenberg

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Quote :
and in about 2 weeks they are going to restart producing faithful HW teams again for €18 each. Let's wait and see...

It'll be interesting to see what serial repainters on Ebay make of this new product if/when it comes out. But I suppose that will depend on just how accurate these new H/W teams are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrightenberg.co.uk/
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:45 am

how exciting Mad by the time its been converted to £'s the price will have doubled best to buy from the chaps already painting them over here.
Back to top Go down
ute ubo

ute ubo

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Lets wait and see what happens ay? personally I think its quite exciting ? Anyone know a release date and will they be stocked in uk in retail outlets toys r us??? Sports Direct etc??
Or will it be a big hype for xmas release???
Ute
Back to top Go down
http://www.marshalllaw.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo Trademark Sold   Subbuteo Trademark Sold Empty

Back to top Go down

Subbuteo Trademark Sold
Page 1 of 1