South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show

Go down 
+4
Puffin
Takis
Gullseye
fingers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers

fingers

Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show Empty
PostSubject: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:33 am

Hi folks

I can confirm that ITV are showing a clip of Subbuteo scenes tomorrow afternoon as part of their FA Cup Final show. Very Happy

They've recorded some footage of the Stadium of Fingers and other bits, and have informed me they will be showing a 2-minute video, at around 3.30pm, with scenes representing this year’s FA Cup shocks. Shocked

Hopefully with the viewing figures on the day this should generate and rekindle quite a bit of interest in Subbuteo! Cool

ITV have made also a donation to FAABI (faabi.org.uk) to support our clients with brain injury... cheers
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:52 am

Well done Steve, I was wondering if you had got in touch with the chap from ITV. Looking forward to seeing that more than the final.

Did you have any input into the film or had they already got it scripted ?
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:01 am

Cheers gullers Smile

I didn't know anything about this until they contacted me...
I asked them who tipped them off and they said it was some chap called Gary from Lowestoft...!! Laughing

Allwrighty - the green light of Subbuteo burns brightly in that one!! cheers

They had a sense of the script, but kept asking me to make a load of different poses using players and other figures.
For example, my new Preston (1925) team has now got 4 players in cheering positions. They now curl beautifully, but can't run in a straight line for toffee!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:13 am

Laughing The chap from ITV posted an enquiry on that other forum. Glad Gary referred them on, you never know, if the final is crap they may switch camera's to The Stadium of Fingers.

Have you seen the finished piece ?

Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Not yet - they said they will send me my own clip.
They seemed fairly pleased with it though.

In fact it was only supposed to be about 1 minute long, and the chap who contacted me said they would need to shoot for 3 or 4 hours just for that! Shocked
In the end they stayed for over 10 hours!! Shocked Shocked and now reckon the piece is 2min 30secs...

Here was the schedule...
08.30 - I collect them from the station
08.45 - A quick tour of the place so they can see what's what, and what might be a possible shoot (I'd set up the 'village green' pitch and the 'Oldsubbuteo Town' pitch - my latest project)
09.00 - Tea and toast for everyone, made my David (adopting his normal role as 'chef'! Laughing )
09.45 - Shoot starts in OldSubbuteo Town and moves to the Village Green pitch, to catch the early rounds of the cup...
11.30 - Shoot moves to the Stadium of Fingers to get the broad shots
12.00 - A request to dismantle the East Stand Shocked so they could get close up shots
13.30 - Working lunch for everyone - take away from Harry's café
14.00 - Loads for shooting of the scenes of the cup upsets
Every 30 mins I get a request to create something...
19.00 - Shoot complete and a swift beer before departing! Cool

Back to top Go down
Takis

Takis

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm

It all sounds very interesting. Well done, Steve. cheers

Looking forward to watching the clip (one way or the other, probably on Youtube if it's made available).
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:58 am

Just seen the video, brilliant stuff and best of all it starts with the Seagulls win over Newcastle !

If you get a knock at the door tomorrow Steve it will probably be Lee Dixon and Adrian Chiles wanting a tour Very Happy

Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:13 am

Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:24 am

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
smallaxe

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Its very well done! You have done good Steve.
That must have been one mind boggling day.
All those hours of footage and time.
Although anyone seeing it - will be reminded of
what a great game this is!

Keep up the good work.
All the very best
Ray
Back to top Go down
ute ubo

ute ubo

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:56 am

Brilliant stuff Steve what a wonderful stadium for a wonderful game.

Ute
Back to top Go down
http://www.marshalllaw.co.uk
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:36 am

steve
what a trully fabulous piece of filmed subby history!
sam and i watch it live and loved it.
and you are now in subby folklore having been mentioned on ITV. can i hve your autograph? Smile
saved in my sky plus with a definite "k"
thanks for doing the piece
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:37 am

can you post up the video on here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:53 am

Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyThu May 16, 2013 1:13 am

Looks better quality on Matt Smith's vimeo upload...
http://vimeo.com/66231430
Back to top Go down
Takis

Takis

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyThu May 16, 2013 1:24 am

Excellent! Many thanks for the link, Steve. cheers

And how prophetic, the video's final comments, "... this is the Cup Final, is therefore more upsets to come?" Shocked

PS: Would you mind, if I post the link in the Green Forum?
Back to top Go down
fingers

fingers

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:27 am

Feel free Takis... Wink

It's great to see that Matt Smith from ITV had uploaded this.
Also I checked on Twitter last night, and Paul Lamond Games had put up a link as well! Very Happy
Really great bit of profile for Subby all round! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Takis

Takis

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks Steve, but somebody else has already provided the link in the Green Forum. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show   Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show Empty

Back to top Go down

Subbuteo on ITV - FA CUP Final show
Page 1 of 1