South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gullseye

FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX Empty
PostSubject: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Amazingly Brighton's first league game at their new stadium is against Doncaster Rovers, who played in the last ever league match against us at The Goldstone. Can't believe it is now 14 years since that match and when we last had a proper ground.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:58 pm

That is amazing...We've got Ipswich at home.

Tbh...our fixtures are a shocker. Both West Ham games on a Tuesday night, as are most of our London Fixtures.

Looking forward to playing you Gully...3 point banker for sure Wink
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 pm

I think we can have some fun on here next season with a lot of us supporting Championship clubs. We never seem to do that well against you, although we did win the important one at The Millennium (sorry to bring that one up) Laughing
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 pm

This place will be full of it...

I'm not dellusional though. I'd be happy with mid table. I can see this being a really tight league.

I have Brighton down as the team to do well from Promotion. We did when we first went up and lost to Hull in the play off finals. Leeds did it last year then faded.

As Ralph will tell you... Anyone can beat anyone and there is some pretty poor football played.

I think Jim will be the happiest come the end of the season.

I fear our Leeds fans will have a reality check and come back down to earth with a bump Wink Laughing

But who know's eh?
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 pm

As you say who know's. A lot of our fans think we can go straight up but it is to far too soon. A great season for us would be to reach the play offs and a good season would be mid table. All I want is for us to establish ourselves in the division next season. When you have been down in League one for a while all the games in this division look attractive (on paper).
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:40 am

They do look attractive on paper.

It looks a tough league. If you have a good start, have the confidence still from last season and a good crowd behind you, then i can see you making the play off's... There always seems to be one team that continues from the previous seasons promotion. Our first season back was like a party every Saturday...it was great. Then the reality sets in... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:37 am

Gullseye wrote:
Amazingly Brighton's first league game at their new stadium is against Doncaster Rovers, who played in the last ever league match against us at The Goldstone. Can't believe it is now 14 years since that match and when we last had a proper ground.

I like this, Gully.
And you beat John Motson to it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX   FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX Empty

Back to top Go down

FIRST EVER LEAGUE MATCH AT THE AMEX
Page 1 of 1