South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

schmeichel off to leicester

Go down 
+2
spudski
subbuteo forever 207
6 posters
AuthorMessage
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

schmeichel off to leicester Empty
PostSubject: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:14 am

apparently so for an "undisclosed sum" i have just seen on leeds website.

is this bates' statement of intent for next season?!

i hope the "sum" is a big one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:19 am

Leicester are also after Nicky Maynard too... Sven is deffo splashing the cash.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 am

grayson basically said that the offer was too good to refuse so it must have been a fair wack.
reckon leicester would have asked to keep the fee quiet to stop other clubs getting greedy if leicester come knocking
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 am

Chris Weale Leicester's GK would be a good replacement. Adriano Basso is also a free agent now, after being released by Wolves. Cracking keeper.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 am

yes leeds released scott higgs as soon as the season was out so he needs to get on and get a replacement before pre-season starts.

looks like johnson and kilkenny are off as is naylor so grayson and bates better be doing their homework otherwise leeds fans will be on their backs
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:07 am

you won't miss any of them - journeymen to a man like 90% of players in our Division.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:24 am

Very True Ralph...same old face's...just in different Teams. Although in saying that, my lot seem to be recruiting from the lower leagues... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 am

We will too I expect two or three to arrive from Division 3..of course these big hitters like Leeds and Leicester will no doubt expect to sign a team of Brazilians each Wink
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:35 am

Laughing Actually our player of the season last year came from Barnet. He beat Maynard by a Country mile. Young hungry players, building for the future.

Will be interesting to see how Baardiff do this year. How much have they spent over the last 5 years? Can see them struggling and going bankrupt tbh.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:00 am

yes they currently need a full forward line Bothroyd gone Choppra gone Burke gone or going and Bellamy unlikely to return ? Laughing mind you that Bothroyd is one of the laziest players I've ever seen
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 am

I'm going to be watching Swindon Town for entertainment value this season... Paolo Di Canio as Boss, and seemingly Fabio Cannavaro joining them Shocked

We've drawn them in the League Cup...Can't wait to see Paolo again. Embarassed Pure Entertainment value.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:14 am

oh dear are they ready for the fascisti in sleepy Wiltshire ?
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:24 am

Doubt it...They do make brave appointments though. They have a history of it. Funny Team really.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 am

subbuteo forever 207 wrote:
grayson basically said that the offer was too good to refuse so it must have been a fair wack.
reckon leicester would have asked to keep the fee quiet to stop other clubs getting greedy if leicester come knocking

Only rumoured to be 1.25m?
That can't be right, surely?

Alan Smith, Ian Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate all to return?
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:02 am

yes rumoured steve the old brigade.
smithy and bowyer yes from me woodgate has spent most of his career being injured

brazil ralph?was hoping more for a spainish team to be honest! Wink
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 am

and yes £1.25m is not really an amount to sell up for is it?
its more than i have got but i thought kasper was probably worth hanging onto
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 pm

that would be the same Smith that Leeds fans wanted hanging when he signed for Newton Heath PLC ? could be three excellent signings there....two of the them are almost permanently injured Laughing
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Ralph,

this is the "love" forum so you cannot have a go at leeds on here. Wink Smile

you are right smithy did not handle his departure from leeds very well AND he went to the reds but my view is that he raised £7m for a desperate cause at the time and i know quite a few leeds fans who see it the same way.be interesting to see how it would go down if it happened.
seems as if the bowyer signing is more likely given reports this morning
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Blimey... 2 always injured and 1 always suspended. Looks like Leeds are losing it again if they sign those 3.

You gotta 'love' Leeds Jon... Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:04 pm

we all love leed spud! Wink

i think bowyer would be good but the other two i agree would cost a plenty for time on the physios bench
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:39 am

Ralph,

this is the "love" forum so you cannot have a go at leeds on here. Wink Smile

you are right smithy did not handle his departure from leeds very well AND he went to the reds but my view is that he raised £7m for a desperate cause at the time and i know quite a few leeds fans who see it the same way.be interesting to see how it would go down if it happened.
seems as if the bowyer signing is more likely given reports this morning

statement of fact old boy no need for me to have a go Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 am

Very Happy Very Happy 1.25 mill it is JR , he only had a year left on his contract apparently and your lot were not interested in offering him a new deal , don't get it really , but if he does come will be good for us I think .Wealo makes tooooo many basic errors .I've heard your lot are signing Rachubca or what ever his name is , from Blackpool as a replacement Smile
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:23 am

probably because he isn't that good and his wage demands are ridiculous ?
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 am

ralphtheclaret wrote:
probably because he isn't that good and his wage demands are ridiculous ?
Probably very true Ralph , to be honest mate I couldn't gaf , but glad the dirty whites are getting all miffed about money bags City stealing their players for a song Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:32 am

Laughing yes that is the best thing about it...any opportunity to laugh at Leeds can't be missed...old father Christmas Bates will be spitting mad
Back to top Go down
forfoxsake

forfoxsake

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 am

ralphtheclaret wrote:
Laughing yes that is the best thing about it...any opportunity to laugh at Leeds can't be missed...old father Christmas Bates will be spitting mad
Steady Ralph , we may be risking getting banned from the Forum Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:11 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:43 pm

yes only leeds fans allowed on this forum! Wink

interesting to note that now that larry has been pushed on the schmeichel subject that he is saying that he was gonna replace him anyway.
i did say to a couple of mates end of last season that maybe one reason we let so many goals in due to the keeper (not handling errors) and it seems as if perhaps that is part of mr graysons conclusion.he is such a clever bloke,isnt he? Wink

and remember - we all love leeds! Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:33 am

they have gone and signed someone called paul rachubka who was at blackpool.
is he any good?
i have never heard of him
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 am

they have gone and signed someone called paul rachubka who was at blackpool.
is he any good?
i have never heard of him

I suspect he'll be wearing the reserve keeper's shirt - at least I hope he will!

3 games last season for Rachubka ... 9 goals conceded ... looks like he will fit straight into Schmeichel's boots!

There is talk of Leeds looking for Alec Smithies from Huddersfield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: schmeichel off to leicester   schmeichel off to leicester Empty

Back to top Go down

schmeichel off to leicester
Page 1 of 1