South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

who's going up to the pl next season then?

Go down 
+4
ESSGEE
Heavyweight021
spudski
subbuteo forever 207
8 posters
AuthorMessage
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

who's going up to the pl next season then? Empty
PostSubject: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:35 am

i mean at the end of 2011/12 obviously. Rolling Eyes

leicester?
cardiff?
reading?
leeds?
west ham?
birmingham?
derby?
southampton?
brighton?
forest?
hull?
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:36 am

sorry ralph,

burnley?
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:37 am

It's probably one of the toughest Championships yet.

Really looking forward to it tbh.

I'd be happy with mid table again.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:42 am

SO no choices then ian?

i reckon:-

auto - birmingham,leeds

play offs - hull
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:00 am

Depends who teams sign during the Summer I think Jon.

And which manager they have.

I can see West Ham going straight back up under Allardyce.

I really can't see Leeds doing it mate...unless you spend Millions.

Very tough league, with a lot of crap football played in it.
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:12 am

spudski wrote:
I really can't see Leeds doing it mate...unless you spend Millions.

Agreed!

A big hole in the midfield needs to be plugged ... Nunez may be a ready replacement for Kilkenny, but Johnson needs to be replaced (not that sad to see the back of him tbh) with a proper defensive midfielder.

A reliable left-back, centre-back, and a deal to bring back Lichaj from Villa to fill the right back role is also essential.

But this is mega-money ....... and our resident Santa is ultra-tight santa
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:14 am

At the moment, Auto for me would be:

Birmingham / Leicester (assuming they recruit a few more players as I expect them to do)

Playoffs:

Leeds / Hull / Reading / West Ham, or Brighton.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:20 am

interesting re:leeds.

i can only see them being stronger but kilkenny will be missed.
they will sign up some good ones i am sure and i think they may do it but i am not over confident.
need to keep snodgrass and gradel though.
defence needs an overhaul.

leicester is a tricky one but i would expect play offs at least.
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:11 am

News reports today (for what credit can be given to them) lead me to believe that Snodgrass will be sold this summer ... to the highest bidder.

Expect Schmeichel to follow him out the door.

All in the name of Stadium development ... .
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 am

Gonna keep me powder dry until I am ready to shoot on this one.
Wanna see what happens in the tranny market. You know what I mean.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 am

ESSGEE wrote:

Wink
Have you signed anybody yet? We've signed Will Hoskins from Bristol Rovers, but Glen Murray left on a free to Palace. So it was one 20 goal man in and one out. Not sure if I've seen Hoskins play but must be reasonable to have scored 20 for Rovers last season. Rovers do unearth some good strikers, I think that's where you got Lambert from.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 am

Yes, Lambert was a Pirate, Gully.
Was most impressed with David Connolly at the tale end of the season though.
He had been a long time out because of injury, but looked incredibly sharp, and really made things happen in what looked like a tired forward line.

Nothing happened of note yet.
Looking forward to seeing the new kit.
Yet another Subbuteo team I am gonna have to commission, I suppose.
Unless they come up with a real chavvy number.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 am

ESSGEE wrote:

Nothing happened of note yet.
Looking forward to seeing the new kit.
Yet another Subbuteo team I am gonna have to commission, I suppose.
Unless they come up with a real chavvy number.

I can't remember looking forward to a new season so much as this one. Will be interesting to see how we play next year. If we can hang on to Poyet I think we could surprise a few people. Playing possession football really worked for us last year but you need a strong midfield to make it work.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am

could be any one of 17 sides

definite no chance clubs are...

Barnsley
Blackpool
Coventry
Derby
Doncaster
Palace
Peterborough

these 7 will contest the relegation spots the rest...who knows ...
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:06 am

ESSGEE wrote:

Wink

tranny's eh?
could be an interesting changing room at st marys then! Shocked
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:07 am

oh and johnson off to norwich mr brown.

well if they sell of the (relative) crowns jewels they will please most non leeds fans and go down to league 1!
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 am

ah yes li'l old Southampton are back..after our last meeting we are looking forward to the trip south..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:56 am

subbuteo forever 207 wrote:
oh and johnson off to norwich mr brown.

well if they sell of the (relative) crowns jewels they will please most non leeds fans and go down to league 1!

Norwich must be on a buying spree they have today paid £1.5m for Brighton's Elliot Bennett. Apparently they are also interested in Snodgrass.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:19 am

They'll be coming straight back down then Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:23 pm

possibly the most delusional fans I've ever met
Back to top Go down
Heavyweight021

Heavyweight021

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:25 am

Gullseye wrote:
Norwich must be on a buying spree they have today paid £1.5m for Brighton's Elliot Bennett. Apparently they are also interested in Snodgrass.

With Bennett bought for £1.5m, that may mean they're not going to fork out £3.5m+ for Snodgrass ... a better player in the same position. Wink
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:20 am

if we sell snograss then we are filked!
Back to top Go down
subbuteoman

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:12 am

Champions - West Ham
Second - Birmingham
Play Offs - Leeds / Cardiff / Brighton / Leicester
PO Winner - Cardiff City

I hope.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:19 am

Have not made any predictions yet but Brighton's chances are looking better. Following Poyet's signing of Craig Mackail-Smith today we now have three players who scored 69 goals between them last season. Can't remember us ever having that sort of fire power.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 am

Had to fight off a couple of other fancied clubs for promotion for the signature too, Gully.
Back to top Go down
http://oldsubbuteo.heavenforum.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 am

subbuteoman wrote:
Champions - West Ham
Second - Birmingham
Play Offs - Leeds / Cardiff / Brighton / Leicester
PO Winner - Cardiff City

I hope.

I reckon Birmingham will be lucky to field a team by the time they have finished selling to pay off their 70 million debt!
And Leeds appear to be losing a few too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:33 am

Expecting / hoping to hear that Saints have signed Jack Cork from Chelsea before too long.

Surprised to hear that we bid over 3 million for Billy Sharp.
Wouldn't have thought we were after a striker to be honest, unless somebody is leaving ( Chamberlain ? ). Although, not sure if Barnard is Championship material to be honest ( lacks a bit of pace ).

Apparently interested in Maynard?
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 am

I think there is going to be a lot of movements this year. Barnard always scores and usually against us, so would be quite happy for you to replace him Laughing Sharp would be a good buy.

There must be some agreement to keep our transfer fees quiet as no amounts are being quoted on most of the players we have brought in. We are also close to signing Lua Lua from Newcastle, would love to know how much that one will cost
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:05 am

Gullseye wrote:
I think there is going to be a lot of movements this year. Barnard always scores and usually against us, so would be quite happy for you to replace him Laughing Sharp would be a good buy.

There must be some agreement to keep our transfer fees quiet as no amounts are being quoted on most of the players we have brought in. We are also close to signing Lua Lua from Newcastle, would love to know how much that one will cost

Did you have him on loan for a spell last season?
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:13 am

Yes we had him for the early part of the season, he got an injury, recovered, then broke an ankle and went back to Newcastle. He has an incredible turn of pace but does seem to be a bit injury prone. Worth the admission fee to watch him do the back flip when he scores.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:17 am

Thought so, seem to recall seeing him score a few for ya.
And they must have been pretty special, because that would have been about 1am.
I usually have match sticks wedged under my eyebrows by then, trying to stay awake to see Saints score a penalty in a 1-0 win!

Pleased to be in the Championship.
Now I can get to bed a bit earlier on a Saturday night / Sunday morning!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:28 am

Yes I know the feeling and then being outraged by some stupid comment from Steve Claridge. I started to watch it the following morning on iplayer towards the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 am

Shocked

I didn't know you could watch it on there!

affraid

Scream over! That's better!

Neutral

Equilibrium restored.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 am

Been meaning to ask you, is your avatar a painting? If so do you know the artist.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 am

No, Gully.
It's just an effect dropped onto the image.
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:25 am

Gullseye wrote:
Yes I know the feeling and then being outraged by some stupid comment from Steve Claridge. I started to watch it the following morning on iplayer towards the end of the season.

Sorted, Gully.
Have just signed up for Saints Player TV, featuring extended highlights on all the games.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:21 am

ESSGEE wrote:
Gullseye wrote:

Sorted, Gully.
Have just signed up for Saints Player TV, featuring extended highlights on all the games.

Smile

You are obviously confident its going to be a good season Laughing I've just had to pay out £360 for a parking space at the new stadium !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

Gullseye wrote:
ESSGEE wrote:
Gullseye wrote:

Sorted, Gully.

Smile

You are obviously confident its going to be a good season Laughing I've just had to pay out £360 for a parking space at the new stadium !

Quietly confident Wink

£360!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Bonkers I know. The only way to get to the stadium is by train or park and ride and there are no streets around to park in. Did not fancy waiting at the park and ride when its p*****g down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who's going up to the pl next season then?   who's going up to the pl next season then? Empty

Back to top Go down

who's going up to the pl next season then?
Page 1 of 1