South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

QUOTE OF THE SEASON

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gullseye

QUOTE OF THE SEASON Empty
PostSubject: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Eddie Howe the Burnley manager after playing against the 9 men of Brighton for 80 minutes.

'It's sometimes difficult having a numerical advantage and it was a good test for our lads. The last five minutes were difficult for us. We didn't want to sit too deep and our defensive line was not great at the end.'

We have some great coaches in this country ready to take advantage of any situation. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Maybe you would be better employed wondering whether your highly rated manager is up to the job in hand ? pathetic display from Poyet yesterday god knows what your remaining players felt watching the over hyped baby storming off in a tantrum..

Howe who I don't rate or like in the slightest was commenting on the fact that our defence is really very very poor indeed..strange since he has had twelve months almost to do something about it and spends most of his time trying to sign weak as a kitten wingers instead QUOTE OF THE SEASON Icon_rolleyes QUOTE OF THE SEASON Icon_lol

bit of a discipline problem on the Sussex coast I'd have said

QUOTE OF THE SEASON 1036f6u
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:14 pm

well at lteast you werent freeezing your nuts off at elland road yesterday watching a right load of old drivel served up by mr graysons turkeys.

what a load of crap

surely bates can use some of the £35 per ticket money towards some new players - they need it
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 am

subbuteo forever 207 wrote:
well at lteast you werent freeezing your nuts off at elland road yesterday watching a right load of old drivel served up by mr graysons turkeys.

what a load of crap

surely bates can use some of the £35 per ticket money towards some new players - they need it

Yes Jon at least it got the blood flowing a bit Laughing Just thought they were strange comments for a manager to make facing 9 men. Apart from the last 5 minutes there was nothing to defend against.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 am

If you had to watch our threadbare defence every week you would know where he is coming from..if you had gone down to 8 you would still have had more than enough to panic our back four and keeper Laughing we can turn most wins into a defeat in a matter of seconds witness Leeds at home for example ..they were shocking hardly had a kick worst Leeds display I've seen in years including their relegation season and we still gave them the win with minutes left...
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:00 am

yes ralph leeds are an odd team this season.
i see grayson have them a right roasting in the press.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:50 am

Leeds didn't play at all well at the Turf Jon but there again I think its a poor Division ..the media like to say its competitive and yes it is but only because so many sides are so similar/mundane....its not as if the Division is full of world beaters ? Reading won at ours in injury time they were truly shocking..In all honesty we outplayed Cardiff and Southampton and drew with both..lost dreadful games to Boro,Portsmouth and Reading without putting up a fight..we've had only three decent home wins but won six away !..best side I've seen......Leicester
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 am

certainly a complete lack of supporter passion at ER at the moment.
no atmosphere in the two matches i have been to there this season.

when leeds were on their way up back in 89/90 we were packing the place out and getting 30,000+ for yorkshire derby's against the likes of bradford. where the passion ralph?

no surprise to me that some of leeds best performances have bee non the road where you get a more passionate attitude. ie - forest and doncaster away.

reading were adequate enough on saturday but leeds put them under very little pressure which i think is why grayson has taken a swipe at the players post match

leeds v burney 2/1 i see
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 am

I think the passion went when the seats arrived Jon..most away games are better because a lot of the time you get away with standing in the away seats ?

Cost is killing it I'm giving Elland Road a swerve its £36 in the away end and the view is terrible we are at Middlesbrough on the 14th that will be Ground 171 for me...
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:35 am

ralphtheclaret wrote:
I think the passion went when the seats arrived Jon..most away games are better because a lot of the time you get away with standing in the away seats ?

Cost is killing it I'm giving Elland Road a swerve its £36 in the away end and the view is terrible we are at Middlesbrough on the 14th that will be Ground 171 for me...

Are you joking £36 ! That's just ridiculous. Surprisingly a ground I've not been to and not likely to at that price. Is that the result of a recent price increase ?
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 am

no its a result of Ken Bates being a right B******....he hates Burnley anyway because they wouldn't let him on the board back in the 1960's Laughing
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:21 am

£36: Adults
£29: Over 60s
£25: Under 16s
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 am

Smile - i was just gonna post the same thing ralph.
i mean the prices not any anti burnley thing.

ok we had good seats but i still had to pay full price for my son sam who is 9 - ie, £34 each!!
and to watch a load of crap!

bates should drop the prices a bit and get more people in the ground to get some atmosphere.

yes to some degree i agree ralph re:standing etc but i have been to loads of games at ER and elsewhere since the all seater thing came in and you can still get some great atmospheres at some grounds.

and ground 171 is boro - how very subbuteo apt! Wink
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 am

Laughing well spotted I never gave it a thought
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 am

aye subbuteo obsessed over here mate! Smile
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:18 am

Shocked

Adult @ Saints £23

( Up to £30 outside family enclosure )

Under 11 FREE ( with an adult )

( Up to £5 outside family enclosure )

santa
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 pm

subbuteo forever 207 wrote:
aye subbuteo obsessed over here mate! Smile

Laughing nothing wrong with that
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:12 am

aye we love it.
171 grounds ralph - thats impressive.

which is your favourite?other than burnley of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUOTE OF THE SEASON   QUOTE OF THE SEASON Empty

Back to top Go down

QUOTE OF THE SEASON
Page 1 of 1