South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some named teams...

Go down 
+2
odoiporos
spudski
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spudski

spudski

Some named teams... Empty
PostSubject: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:21 am

Had a rummage through my box's and found a few worth seeing. A couple of box's were aquired without teams in, so i filled them with spare teams that didn't have referenced box's. A couple unusual one's in there. I've added numbers in some cases. Hope you like and feel free to add any unusual one's...

Some named teams... 003-28

Some named teams... 005-24

Some named teams... 004-27

Some named teams... 002-30

Some named teams... 006-23
Back to top Go down
odoiporos

odoiporos

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 pm

!! Really nice boxes and teams Very Happy

Which team is the one above Vienna??
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:43 pm

It's Dunfermline Stefano, although the 'D' is missing.

I got a load of teams from a chap up in Glasgow. There were quiet a few Scottish teams that were named. Never seen one like it before.

I've got another interesting one, that i'm not sure whether it's an official SSG or something a child has done. From the Historical Kits site it appears to be a Manchester Untd 2nd from the mid 70's. It's in a named box, but if SSG did paint it, then it was imho, a stock ref 2 painted into the kit. Got it with a batch of teams when i lived up near Manchester...so who knows. I like it8)

Sorry about the photo quality mate...I know you're an expert, but the light is terrible today, so had to use a flash.

Some named teams... 001-30

Some named teams... 002-31
Back to top Go down
odoiporos

odoiporos

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:29 am

Thank you for the info on that "D"missig team Smile

The ref 2(??) Manchester 2nd realy interesting and in named box (??)!

V collar and red stripe on the shots!?

Like you said, not sure if SSG did paint but still nice kit! Very Happy

Come on, I know you can take better pics! Very Happy

Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:55 am

odoiporos wrote:
Thank you for the info on that "D"missig team Smile

The ref 2(??) Manchester 2nd realy interesting and in named box (??)!

V collar and red stripe on the shots!?

Like you said, not sure if SSG did paint but still nice kit! Very Happy

Come on, I know you can take better pics! Very Happy

Thank you for sharing!

It's in a named box mate, but just says Manchester United and not 2nd.

It's also got 'Martin's Home Cit' written on the front of the box...Silly Manc kid couldn't spell 'Kit'Rolling Eyes Laughing You couldn't make it up...

Nearest i could find for it is the 1974/75 kit from here... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_United/Manchester_United-change-kits.html

Light has been really dull here all day. I'll try and get better pics when it's sunny.

Glad you enjoyed them8)
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 am

No match for your lovely teams Ian,but here is my contribution........

Some named teams... P1000096

Some named teams... P1000485
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:19 am

Lovely stuf Mark. Thanks so much for sharing and making the effort. Some great named box's there.

The weirdest 'named box' i've been told about but not seen is a 'St Austel'. A collector in Italy has it. Makes you wonder what else is out there.

Love this kind of stuff...Cool
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:35 am

I like the stamped boxes as they are always a little quirky. Amusing they have shortened CITY to CTY Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:02 pm

I suppose this one qualifies also.......

Some named teams... P1010096
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 pm

It does mate...lovely. I've seen all the dark skin range 294-302 with this type of typed name. I've got a few myself. Will have to dig them out sometime.

And for some strange reason the name nearly always seems to be at the bottom of the box.
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:25 pm

No time like the present....get digging mate!
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:49 am

Forgot about this one...anyone else got this team? It's truely a weird green colour.

Never been 100% sure of it, because the playing figures look too old to me. Neutral Any thoughts chaps?

Some named teams... 007-22
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:29 am

Never sure why the repainters bother to try to age the ref stickers. They always seem to make the mistake of trying to discolour them to the same extent as the box. As you can see clearly from the boxes on this thread, the stickers stay reasonably white in comparison. There are exceptions of course.
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 am

Laughing Gully...the stickers on Skelly's bo's are repros.

Generally if there is a stamped name on the box, there isn't a ref sticker. Most collectors add one, so it sits in place numerically with the rest of the collection. It's all about building a wall... Wink
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:10 am

I think he should be severely reprimanded for posting fake stuff on the forum and confusing us new boys Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:38 am

Laughing With a large wet Haddock...
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:48 am

Gullseye wrote:
I think he should be severely reprimanded for posting fake stuff on the forum and confusing us new boys Laughing Laughing

Sorry Gully....I had a phase a couple of years ago where I thought it would look great to put repro numbers on any boxes

that hadn't got any on.......Obviously I regret that decision now!!!Embarassed
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:50 am

nice stuff gents

here's some of my named

Some named teams... 77_nam10

Some named teams... 55_nam10

Some named teams... 95_blu10

Some named teams... New_bu10

Some named teams... Swanse10

Some named teams... New_he10

Some named teams... New_so10
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:58 am

Glad you have sprung into action Jon....I never tire of seeing your collection,very nice mate.

Has Gilligan got a replacement for the one armed Bologna chap?Hee Hee just kidding bud;)
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:04 am

Mighty jealous of that Anderlecht box. Never owned one of those. Lovely stuff Jon8)
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:55 am

thanks guys.

yes some of those thanks to spud so cheers mate.

95 spare?now there's an idea! Wink
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:56 am

oh and that new woves box is as mint as i have seen that early 70's version.
Back to top Go down
odoiporos

odoiporos

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 am

I see some really nice teams and named boxes Very Happy Congrats Guys and thank you for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 am

A couple of my own custom painted teams with stamped boxes

Some named teams... P1010912y
By gullseye at 2011-10-11

Some named teams... P1010911i
By gullseye at 2011-10-11
Back to top Go down
spudski

spudski

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 am

That's the Spirit mate...lovely job. You'll soon be building a wall of 'Special' box's.cheers
Back to top Go down
Takis

Takis

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:43 am

Here are some of mine.

Brazil

Some named teams... HW_Brazil

El Salvador (home made reference number)

Some named teams... HW_El_Salvador

West Ham United (home made reference number) - I guess the fact that the stamp is above the adhesive tape may indicate that the stamp is not original. Crying or Very sad

Some named teams... HW_New_West_Ham

Leeds United 2nd

Some named teams... HW_Leeds_2nd

England 2nd (from the 1970 World Cup)

Some named teams... HW_England_2nd

Lugano (purchased from Italy recently and I have to assume that the stamp is authentic but I cannot be 100% sure)

Some named teams... HW_Lugano

Bologna(again, purchased from Italy in a C100 LW box but it looks authentic enough. Was it normal to have HW teams in these type of boxes in the Italian market?) Question

Some named teams... HW_Bologna

Melchester Rovers (not a named box but it has a red reference sticker. It was purchased from a very respected member of this and the green forum and I was assured of its authenticity) Cool

Some named teams... HW_Melchester
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some named teams...   Some named teams... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some named teams...
Page 1 of 1