South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) Empty
PostSubject: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:36 am

Was introduced to Button Soccer this week, following a link on Facebook. 
Apparently it's all the rage in Brazil, as an alternative to Subby.

What struck me about the rules, was how 'solo' friendly they seemed to be.
Not too far removed from the Subby Elementary Rules - no blocking in particular.

One of the stipulations is the maximum number of flicks a team is permitted for each turn in possession.
Thought this might be a good idea.
You could give home advantage by reducing the maximum number of flicks for the away team.
Anybody ( Will, Gully, Jim ) tried this? I don't mean per figure, but as a team over all.

It also occurred to me that teams that often lose possession have a recovery line ( triggered response ), so thought I might allow the team that has just lost possession to flick any figures in the opponents half, back into their own ( optional ), before the counter attack. Only one flick / attempt, to track and get in a good defensive position, per figure ( and only the figures in the attacking half ).
So a one-off opportunity to fill the gaps.

Any thoughts, seasoned soloists?
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:25 am

Not tried it but could be worth a go.  My rules of allowing only two flicks per 'Home' player in the opposition half and only one for the away team probably has a similar result in that it restricts the attack.

I like the idea of flicking players back into defence when losing the ball as this would happen in reality and ideal for solo play if you don't use blocking flicks.  May try in 'pre-season'Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:31 am

Happy Days!

Just had a few games using some of the above.

I ended up restricting the tracking flicks.  They could only track back one quarter, just to make it a bit more realistic.

I limited the home team to a total of 12 flicks, the away team to a total of just 6 flicks ( so largely dependent on the quick counter attack ).

Just need to sort out the GOALKEEPERS now.  Going to make two wooden representations, I think, and decoupage a keeper on the front of them.  I'll make them higher and wider to allow for keeper reactions to a degree.

Let me know how you get on, Gully.
Like the individual restrictions you have imposed.  May add a 'two touch' stipulation, as that's quite a good match practise too.
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:23 pm

I've found that restricting the attacking flicks really does focus attention on accuracy, particularly the away side. 

I suspect using my method that you probably end up with less than the 12 flicks and 6 flicks.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Late 60's advanced rules are ideal for playing solo .. limited number of defensive flicks (3)* which you can equate to the tracking back  idea you mention above - we've always played that way.We also use the rule whereby if you launch free kicks and goal kicks from one shooting area directly to another the defence have the next flick at the ball .. that rule is also in the late 60's rules..
Back to top Go down
Gullseye

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 7:08 pm

ralphtheclaret wrote:
We also use the rule whereby if you launch free kicks and goal kicks from one shooting area directly to another the defence have the next flick at the ball .. that rule is also in the late 60's rules..    I use that one as well Ralph.
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Its a sensible rule I think ? we've always played it indeed we had forgotten that it is in the official rules we wrongly assumed it to be a house rule until I spotted it recently..
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:09 am

I like that one too, Ralph.  It's in!
Back to top Go down
ralphtheclaret

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:53 am

we use if for open play as well which I don't think was ever in the subbuteo rules just on the basis that if you want to tonk long hopeful clearances down the pitch the defence ought to get first chance to mop them up ?
Back to top Go down
ESSGEE

ESSGEE

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Yes, agree. 
Probably worth stipulating for any pass that crosses 2 quarter lines, Ralph.

Going to also stipulate that shooting figure must be in the shooting zone with the ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )   Solo Rules ( Button Soccer ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Solo Rules ( Button Soccer )
Page 1 of 1