South England Lionhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIENDSHIP IMPROVES HAPPINESS AND ABATES MISERY BY DOUBLING OUR JOY AND DIVIDING OUR GRIEF

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to forum and back into subbuteo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

New to forum and back into subbuteo Empty
PostSubject: New to forum and back into subbuteo   New to forum and back into subbuteo EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:41 am

Hello Everyone here

I'm 45 and live in bexleyheath, I did pop down to Maidenhead sunday to see a sample of both the fair + tournament, Fantastic. Only dug out my old subbuteo stuff just before christmas wasn't even looking for it, but one thing led to another and here i am. Not played since 1980, it is great to see the old school still going because it all seemed at first to have changed to flat bases and giant goalies.

I did buy a zeugo team just to get the feel, and a metal goalie from subbuteo world. It is more tactical less skill but i like both styles and will play both. My favorite is old subbuteo by far and Santiago players are great. i have about 100 old H/W teams but after looking on ebay they are staying in their boxes.

Anyway thanks to the organisers on sunday for a great day out and i hope to take part next time.
Back to top Go down
spurs1975

spurs1975

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and back into subbuteo   New to forum and back into subbuteo EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:03 am

welcome to the forum

if you ever fancy a game we have a lionhearts meet generally once a month in bracknell . you would be more than welcome to join us
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and back into subbuteo   New to forum and back into subbuteo EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:35 am

ok Thank you for the offer I will keep that in mind

I am going to try to wake up a few other ex players nearer to me as well, even make some new ones. The travelling around playing people from different areas and the social side is what the computer game can't match.
Back to top Go down
subbuteo forever 207

subbuteo forever 207

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and back into subbuteo   New to forum and back into subbuteo EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:27 am

glad you came over to maidenhead.

as lle says you are more than welcome to lionhearts.

next meet is 22/4 and we are five currently so we need a few more.

jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.subbuteowanted.co.uk
Odin

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and back into subbuteo   New to forum and back into subbuteo EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 am

ok Jon

Thanks, i will let you know closer to the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum and back into subbuteo   New to forum and back into subbuteo Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum and back into subbuteo
Page 1 of 1